Thread: RE Changes for the next version. Invoices

Expired Customer advertiseonline's Avatar
    Thanks

RE Changes for the next version. Invoices

Copied from another forum

gmac Jun 6, 2014 5:48 pm

In Australia we need to show a line for tax, so there needs to be a tax rate input somewhere and an assumption that the sell prices are inclusive of tax…. this may be the simple approach.

Also need to show an Invoice number on the invoice and declare it as a Tax invoice. At moment it appears to shoe an Order Reference?

If the client pays by Paypal does it also issue a PDF invoice? Or just for bank transfers/post payment?

Will be very useful this plugin if it has the ability to handle tax and can issue with an invoice number and produce PDF for the Paypal payment.

Would like to purchase it once you can confirm these points

Your answer...

mhupfield Jun 7, 2014 1:44 am

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, invoices will work with any payment gateway including paypal.

All text in the plugin can be changed/translated using the included POT file. I’ve changed ‘Order Ref’ to ‘Invoice Number’ by default though for the next version.

For the next version I’ll also add a title to the invoice (‘Invoice’ or ‘Tax Invoice’) to reflect whether tax is charged on the items.

Tax calculations itself is a little trickier than it could be due to the way AppThemes themes store order details. If regional tax is enabled (Payments->Settings) then the amount payable is calculated and added as another item to the order. I’d have to look for the regional tax item in an order and use it’s value to determine tax rate. Then adjust other values accordingly, not include the regional tax price in the order etc. Certainly possible though so will take a look into it.

Matt.

......I agree. Invoices in Australia must say 'Tax Invoice', 'invoice' just doesn't cut it.

Requirements of tax invoices

Tax invoices for taxable sales of less than $1,000 must include enough information to clearly determine the following seven details:

that the document is intended to be a tax invoice
    the seller's identity
    the seller's Australian business number (ABN)
    the date the invoice was issued
    a brief description of the items sold, including the quantity (if applicable) and the price
    the GST amount (if any) payable – this can be shown separately or, if the GST amount is exactly one-eleventh of the total price, as a statement such as 'Total price includes GST'
    the extent to which each sale on the invoice is a taxable sale (that is, the extent to which each sale includes GST)
    Example 1, below, meets this requirement because the sale is clearly identified as being fully taxable by the words 'total price including GST'
    Example 2 meets this requirement in two ways: it shows the GST included in each line item (see column with the GST amount), and the sale is clearly identified as being fully taxable by the words 'the total price includes GST'.

In addition, tax invoices for sales of $1,000 or more need to show:

the buyer's identity or ABN

If your tax invoices meet the requirements for sales of $1,000 or more, you can also use them for sales of lesser amounts.

Example 1, below, shows a conforming invoice for a sale of under $1,000. Example 2 shows a conforming invoice for a sale of more than $1,000.

I see this plugin is MultiSite which is what I am looking for but will it show the separate site charges ie listed on ABC.com and DEF.com basic listing plan and extras etc?

Looking forward to using the invoice but it must meet Australian law or its useless. Hope this helps. Here is a link that may help.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/GST/...-tax-invoices/

So when is the next version due and hopefully it will have these changes in it then i will buy it also.

Thanks

Mick

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thread Information