Thread: Job Roller 1.7 Cant get blog to display

Thanks

Job Roller 1.7 Cant get blog to display

Hi there.
    Have read a few threads about this, they all ending in editing code, but surely there's an easier way....?

I have Settings --> Reading --> Front page set to a static page, Default Template, which works perfectly as my home page.

I have set up a page titled Blog, with the URL: mydomain.com/blog, but I just can't get it it to show up my blog posts despite trying various settings, including:

Setting the template of the Blog page to "Blog Template" or "Default Template"

Trying Settings --> Reading --> Posts Page set to "Blog", or leaving it blank.

Oddly with some of these combinations, the link mydomain.com/blog takes me to the content of my static front page, in a blog-like-format (even though it's saved as a Page, not a Post...), or to my job listing page, despite the job listing page being set as Job Listings Template

To clarify (I hope)
    Settings --> Reading --> Posts Page = blank; Blog page set to Default Template: mydomain.com/blog shows an empty page
    Settings --> Reading --> Posts Page = blank; Blog page set to Blog Template: mydomain.com/blog shows content from my static front page, in a funny blog format, with no other posts showing below it (despite Max No. posts set to 10).

Settings --> Reading --> Posts Page = Blog; Blog page set to Default Template: mydomain.com/blog shows my Latest Jobs/Job listing page
    Settings --> Reading --> Posts Page = Blog; Blog page set to Blog Template: mydomain.com/blog shows my Latest Jobs/Job listing page

Is there some weird default that makes having the "Posts Page" set to Blog show your job listing page instead of your blog posts?

My "Recent Posts" widget lists the blog posts correctly, so it's not a problem with the posts.

Arrgh! I just want mydomain.com/blog to show my actual blog posts. Didn't think it'd be this hard
    If I can get this simple feature to work I'd rate this theme 5 stars, I love it, if I can't, it goes in the trash...

If you want to have a look, my site is: www.locum-central.com
    Just click on the blue box "Blog" on the front page, you'll see what I mean.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Checkout my products on the Marketplace.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information