Thread: Widening the sidebar

Thanks

Widening the sidebar

Spartac- hey there! I've had Clipper in use on my site for a number of months, along with a number of customizations I've done by creating a child theme for it. I've been slowly running Koupon in a dev environment to understand how it works but also to slowly get the UI tweaks I've made working on it. The first thing is, since this is a responsive theme and Clipper isn't, is there a preferred method you'd use to widen the sidebar to 300px? I need to show 300x250 ads (that I'm putting in via a custom widget). I don't mind if it's by narrowing the content div, widening the main div, shrinking the padding between content and sidebar, or any combination of them- but most important, I don't want to break the responsiveness

Also, do you have a preferred method for customers to be able to make these and other changes to both styles as well as template files? A child theme can't be made on top of a theme that is already a child. I found this, http://docs.appthemes.com/tutorials/...dchild-themes/, have got it working so far for styles but not yet for functions.php and templates. Don't want to edit the source files in order to take updates. Didn't know if this was the same route you'd take or not.

Thanks!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.
    Before you send any PM , Please read These rules .

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.
    Before you send any PM , Please read These rules .

Thread Information