Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. It didn't bother me so I didn't try! Also I...

It didn't bother me so I didn't try! Also I think it's more logical to have Register on the left and Login on the right, because you have to register first so it flows better. So I didn't consider...
  2. There's a solution in this thread that I've used...

There's a solution in this thread that I've used on my site:
    http://forums.appthemes.com/vantage-general-discussion/customize-login-registration-page-vantage-68551/
  3. Replies
    Views

don't worry, I've found the answer. Just edit...

don't worry, I've found the answer. Just edit sidebar-dashboard.php
  4. Replies
    Views

Since the registration process is already so...

Since the registration process is already so embedded in the Vantage theme, I wouldn't try bolting on something else to do the same thing.
  5. Replies
    Views

Directory as home page vs. static page?

My site was converted from a non-directory site, so my home page has always been a static page:

http://bellydanceoz.com

It's an established site with steady traffic.

A few weeks ago, I made...
  6. Replies
    Views

[SOLVED] Bradley, if child themes are too complicated,...

Bradley, if child themes are too complicated, what are you going to do when updates of Vantage come out?

I used to think like you, and strongly resisted the idea of using a child theme. I'm not a...
  7. Replies
    Views

[SOLVED] I know this is late, but Dimitris gave me this...

I know this is late, but Dimitris gave me this code which works to change text strings almost anywhere, I put it in my functions.php file:

add_filter( 'gettext', 'va_child_wordsmith', 10, 3 );
  8. Replies
    Views

It is a Wordpress setting not a Vantage setting. ...

It is a Wordpress setting not a Vantage setting. Where are you seeing the dates in the wrong format?
  9. Dimitris Gravity Forms is amazing, if you're prepared to...

Gravity Forms is amazing, if you're prepared to pay for a plugin. You can also use it to customise your listing owner contact forms but I haven't got around to that yet. As for sharing, I use...
  10. Dimitris I'm no expert at coding so I'm not sure how that...

I'm no expert at coding so I'm not sure how that could be achieved. If only Vantage would set it up so we could add text to their pages, it would solve a lot of problems.

However you could use...
  11. Dimitris Bradley, It's very easy to create an alternative...

Bradley, It's very easy to create an alternative home page - it's just a case of creating a page as normal, then using the ordinary Wordpress Settings menu to choose which page you want to use.
  12. Replies
    Views

Dimitris Where do you want the ads to appear? If you want...

Where do you want the ads to appear? If you want them in the sidebars, the header or the footer, then you go to Appearance --> Widgets. For the sidebars, use the Sidebar Ad widget. You can put it...
  13. Replies
    Views

Dimitris This has come up on a couple of threads, and...

This has come up on a couple of threads, and there's no way to do it. I'm a bit annoyed, because before I switched to Vantage, I had my own "make-do" directory using a maps plugin, and I was able to...
  14. Replies
    Views

Removing the Google Map from the first page is...

Removing the Google Map from the first page is easy. It's a widget in List Page Top Sidebar. Remove the widget and the map disappears.

There's no built-in option for a slider, though.

Do you...
  15. Replies
    Views

After further thought, I'd have to say I'm also...

After further thought, I'd have to say I'm also disappointed that AppThemes feel new themes are more important than recurring payments. As a recent customer, I had no idea Vantage had been around...
  16. [PLUGIN TROUBLESHOOTING] All sharing plugins tend to slow down your site,...

All sharing plugins tend to slow down your site, and the more services you offer, the worse it gets. It's really up to you to decide what options you want to offer your readers. Personally, I...
  17. Replies
    Views

I had a bit of trouble getting the embed code to...

I had a bit of trouble getting the embed code to work when I tested (even though it should work on Wordpress) so I ended up using the Smart Youtube plugin and setting it to treat http: links the same...
  18. [PLUGIN TROUBLESHOOTING] I know Vantage recommends Sharethis, but I find...

I know Vantage recommends Sharethis, but I find it slows the site down too much and is a pain. I believe some people are using OneAll, and I use Floating Social Bar which I've found to be the...
  19. Replies
    Views

What I've done is to add a line above the...

What I've done is to add a line above the Description section, to tell them they can paste their videos in their text.
  20. Replies
    Views

I see what you mean, though I wonder how many...

I see what you mean, though I wonder how many users will even notice what the URL of their listing is? After all, they're not likely to be sharing it with anyone - if they're going to publicise...
  21. Replies
    Views

You can choose any page you like as your Home...

You can choose any page you like as your Home page, in the usual way on your Wordpress settings. It doesn't have to be a Directory page.

I'm not sure how you would hide the Search boxes -...
  22. Replies
    Views

I'm asking this out of my own curiosity so I hope...

I'm asking this out of my own curiosity so I hope you won't mind explaining.

Why is not having the category in the URL a problem? I have used Yoast's SEO plugin before, and one of the things...
  23. Replies
    Views

[SOLVED] It's a widget, so all you have to do is go to...

It's a widget, so all you have to do is go to Appearance - Widgets, find where the widget is and delete it.
  24. Can't be done. It is a pain, isn't it? Vantage...

Can't be done. It is a pain, isn't it? Vantage seems to be designed on the assumption that listings will always be created by the business owner, or will be claimed by them fairly quickly.
  25. Replies
    Views

Dimitris Most of the Appthemes ads aren't coded into the...

Most of the Appthemes ads aren't coded into the theme at all - they're just there to show you how to add advertising.

Look for the Appearance link on your dashboard, then select Widgets. ...