Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 days, no updates.

Affiliate Member AppThemes Affiliate paulg's Avatar
    Thanks

15 days, no updates.

I've never got involved in the whole "why the hell were we promised this in 2010 and a year and a half on we don't have it?" debate.

But, I've been watching and waiting for a good 6 months now.

And yesterday, off the back of the comments on your FB and Twitter accounts at the start of the month, I purchased the Club package just to get Vantage early. Because, for goodness sake, if it's as good as you've been making out for the last 18 months then I'll fork out the extra $160 just to get it this month. That sucks, to be honest, as many more having been waiting just as long as your club members - a lot of which aren't even waiting on it - but hey, ho.

Now, your theme status page hasn't been updated since 27th January, then you tweeted "beta should come within the next couple of weeks at most" on the 31st January, and there are various other bits and pieces filled in at the start of the month too, but STILL nothing. So you're late AGAIN!

What on earth is going on? Really?

Your FB page is like a graveyard with unanswered questions going back two weeks, or more, and this forum is the same... it's all "canned replies" or, worse, ignored replies, from your support people.

Do you not think the best policy now would just to be honest with people?

I've paid $250 to get Vantage early, not for your other themes, and it's by far the most I've ever paid for any theme before, so please.... just communicate with your people, with realistic timelines. You said the 14th at the latest, it's now the 16th, so presumably we can expect it this week???

-Paul

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulg For This Useful Post:

clementsm (February 18th, 2012), SoluzioneGuadagno (February 17th, 2012)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    I've never got involved in the whole "why the hell were we promised this in 2010 and a year and a half on we don't have it?" debate.

But, I've been watching and waiting for a good 6 months now.

And yesterday, off the back of the comments on your FB and Twitter accounts at the start of the month, I purchased the Club package just to get Vantage early. Because, for goodness sake, if it's as good as you've been making out for the last 18 months then I'll fork out the extra $160 just to get it this month. That sucks, to be honest, as many more having been waiting just as long as your club members - a lot of which aren't even waiting on it - but hey, ho.

Now, your theme status page hasn't been updated since 27th January, then you tweeted "beta should come within the next couple of weeks at most" on the 31st January, and there are various other bits and pieces filled in at the start of the month too, but STILL nothing. So you're late AGAIN!

What on earth is going on? Really?

Your FB page is like a graveyard with unanswered questions going back two weeks, or more, and this forum is the same... it's all "canned replies" or, worse, ignored replies, from your support people.

Do you not think the best policy now would just to be honest with people?

I've paid $250 to get Vantage early, not for your other themes, and it's by far the most I've ever paid for any theme before, so please.... just communicate with your people, with realistic timelines. You said the 14th at the latest, it's now the 16th, so presumably we can expect it this week???

-Paul
    Get used to it probably takes another half year ,check Shannon's welcome message in the blog:
    ""David has put me in charge of managing, scheduling, and delivering all new products and updates on time. If we promise a delivery date for a product, I’m going to make sure we do it on time. Each project will be properly planned out in order to forecast a realistic delivery date. Also better communication etc."
    This all is just not true like you posted :-)

Unregistered

Who to blame?

I totally agree with Paug´s comment. True true.
    I am one of those whom has been waiting for Vantage since 2010. I purchased the Club member package also to get Vantage. And I have also been active in this topic in this forum. I feel that David should never have given other staff members the responsibility that will be critical to his business. Specially when this people (Shannon or others at Appthemes) have no communication skills at all!

If you have a open channel to communicate with your audience, such as a Twitter account or a Facebook page, you should at least answer your followers! This followers could be existing customers or potentially new customers. This is the ABC and essentially when you run a Internet based business.
    Do not let difficult topics or other negative loaded questions be left unanswered. This could be the beginning of the end for your service. Seriously.
    I personally think Appthemes should come clean regarding the Vantage-issue NOW.

Ps. This post is not categorized as a "whinning"-post. Just facts.
    Appthemes, your turn. Bring out Dave Cowgill!

Unregistered
    I too have purchased the club membership package almost 2 years ago in hopes to get Vantage. I hope we hear an honest answer from the appthemes team regarding vantage.

Thanks

Unregistered

WTF I'm getting crazy of waiting!!!!

Can some one keep us up today please!!!!

Unregistered
    Haha, I was ABOUT to buy The Club Membership yesterday to get Vantage early. They make it sound like Vantage is already OUT for BETA...

Lucky I didn't, seems like it was $250.00 down the drain.

These guys have the ****test customer service ever, the ****test product planning ever. It's just annoying. I mean if it is going to be delayed then FINE, NO problem. But they keep us on edge, repeatedly telling us it's coming soon, coming soon, coming soon - but it never ends up coming on any of their stipulated deadlines.

The worst.

Unregistered
    I see Shannon is watching this thread (actively in it at the time of this writing). I trust we will get a response, and maybe you guys will just get a refund since their whole Twitter/FB messages lead us to believe it is out for BETA?

Thanks
    We can certainly appreciate your concern about the release of Vantage given the previous delays with the theme release, however we are at this point still on track in terms of the last update made to the theme release status page. Although the page itself doesn't reflect this, we can confirm that Vantage beta is currently in the internal testing phase as scheduled, after which time it will be made available to AppThemes Club package customers prior to the general public release. With the internal testing already under way, the official beta release date will then hopefully be available very soon.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

canaroo (February 17th, 2012), SoluzioneGuadagno (February 17th, 2012)

Unregistered

Very Soon Is Not A Date

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    We can certainly appreciate your concern about the release of Vantage given the previous delays with the theme release, however we are at this point still on track in terms of the last update made to the theme release status page. Although the page itself doesn't reflect this, we can confirm that Vantage beta is currently in the internal testing phase as scheduled, after which time it will be made available to AppThemes Club package customers prior to the general public release. With the internal testing already under way, the official beta release date will then hopefully be available very soon.
    I have also been following the whole debate and made a few posts concerning the client relations issues with this company. I have a small web design firm so I understand that there are issues come up and things that can cause delays. At times I need to get in touch with my clients to let them know that there are going to be delays. This being said I give my clients a solid deadline and stick to it, it doesn't matter if I have to spend 3 days working 16 hours to get the site completed and ensure that everything is working.

Once again we get a vague response with no date - Very Soon, hopefully available! Are you kidding. This company has the worst business model I have ever seen. I purchased a theme, installed it, customized it for the brand that I am working on and then I found AppThemes & Vantage. The options they mentioned in the theme blew me away and I put the project on hold thinking "okay, if I put it on the back-burner for a couple of months it won't matter" - that was nearly 12 months ago and here I sit still waiting - I must be stupid.

Thank you AppThemes and thank you Shannon for once again dangling the proverbial carrot. They know that they have us where they want us and we can complain all we want. It's obvious that AppThemes doesn't care what we have to say and are probably getting a good laugh over all of this - sitting back thinking about all of us poor little idiots that spend all of this time checking the theme status release page, looking for updates on Facebook and Twitter and then posting all of these long-winded responses in the forums.

Laugh it up AppThemes, thank you for allowing me to amuse you and your development team.

Please make sure that once you are all done laughing at us you make appointments with your proctologist and have your heads removed from your **** cavities. Good customer service involves transparency - not shadows and lies. Keep putting off your launch - it's done wonders for your reputation.

Dave W.

Frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have also been following the whole debate and made a few posts concerning the client relations issues with this company. I have a small web design firm so I understand that there are issues come up and things that can cause delays. At times I need to get in touch with my clients to let them know that there are going to be delays. This being said I give my clients a solid deadline and stick to it, it doesn't matter if I have to spend 3 days working 16 hours to get the site completed and ensure that everything is working.

Once again we get a vague response with no date - Very Soon, hopefully available! Are you kidding. This company has the worst business model I have ever seen. I purchased a theme, installed it, customized it for the brand that I am working on and then I found AppThemes & Vantage. The options they mentioned in the theme blew me away and I put the project on hold thinking "okay, if I put it on the back-burner for a couple of months it won't matter" - that was nearly 12 months ago and here I sit still waiting - I must be stupid.

Thank you AppThemes and thank you Shannon for once again dangling the proverbial carrot. They know that they have us where they want us and we can complain all we want. It's obvious that AppThemes doesn't care what we have to say and are probably getting a good laugh over all of this - sitting back thinking about all of us poor little idiots that spend all of this time checking the theme status release page, looking for updates on Facebook and Twitter and then posting all of these long-winded responses in the forums.

Laugh it up AppThemes, thank you for allowing me to amuse you and your development team.

Please make sure that once you are all done laughing at us you make appointments with your proctologist and have your heads removed from your **** cavities. Good customer service involves transparency - not shadows and lies. Keep putting off your launch - it's done wonders for your reputation.
    I am also frustrated with the way appthemes has handled Vantage and poor customer service. I have purchased the the CLUB Membership almost a year and a half ago. In almost every post in this forum the appthemes team ansewers to our question very vaguely and just refers us to the Theme Release page for details.The paying customers are not asking for much, just an honest answers to our questions.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information