Thread: 2 questions, currency change & search by location

Unregistered

2 questions, currency change & search by location

Hello,

I am thinking about buying classipress. The 2 major things I need to make sure will work before I buy the theme.

The website will be in the bitcoin niche. So I need the prices to be displayed in Bitcoin. I have a API url which constantly updates the price of Bitcoin. So when my users enter in the dollar amount, I need it to automatically convert into bitcoin price and show the bitcoin price instead of dollar price.

Is this possible?

Also, since it is a classified ads website, can people search for listings specifically by location? I have seen one classipress website but the country, state, and city are not dynamic. If you select united kingdom, all the states for the united states come up.

Please let me know if I would be able to accomplish these tasks with classipress. Thanks!

Thanks
    ClassiPress is not encrypted, which means you are essentially able to make whatever customizations you'd like, so yes it is technically possible. AppThemes doesn't offer customization services, so if you are seeking a developer for hire you can find some on our certified partners page.

You can find an advanced search functionality in the category view sidebar as shown here on the demo site, and this will allow searching by location based details. There is no dynamic dropdown functionality within the ad listing form (only the category selection at the beginning), so unless you create locations as categories, or are happy to simply add the UK locations to the existing State dropdown list, it would also require customization on your part. Thanks.

Thread Information