Thread: Can I add forum to my theme

Unregistered

Can I add forum to my theme

Hi,

I have a few questions that I'm seeking answers to:

1. Can I add a forum similar to this one to my classipress theme? A place where people can discuss various topics. If yes, then can you point me to some plugin that works best with classipress?

2. Can I have the option of letting people post ads without making an account? I actually want to charge people for posting ads in some categories while leaving others free. For the charged category, I want users to be able to register and log in. Can I achieve that function with classipress?

3. Can I add a "Donate" button on my theme for people to support my website? Again, a recommended plugin is appreciated

Thanks!

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. Adding a forum is independent from any of our themes, and whilst you can find forum bridge plugins that are made for WordPress, we do not officially support third party plugins and therefore cannot guarantee that they will definitely work with the theme out of the box. Ultimately this is something you'd have to customize yourself and is outside the scope of what we support.

2. By default, users are required to register before they can post an ad, however there is a ready made plugin available in the AppThemes marketplace which is designed to allow anonymous non registered posting here.

3. As with "1" above, we do not have a recommended plugin for this purpose. Thanks.

Thread Information