Thread: Can classified ad submissions be moderated?

Thanks

Can classified ad submissions be moderated?

Apologies if I missed this but I didn't see it in the admin demo or in the feature list. Does ClassiPress allow the site admin to configure ClassiPress so that classified ad submissions must be moderated before going live? Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Can classified ad submissions be moderated?

Yes you can select an option to set ads to "Pending Review" which means you have to manually approve them first, however if you have paid ad options on your site, then customers who pay for their ads will have them go straight to published status (but only when payment is made).

Thanks

Thanks for your reply pepsi. On a related note, is it possible to configure ClassiPress to moderate contact messages sent to ad posters? I would like to have the option prescreen messages being sent to users so as to reduce spam although this may end up more work than I bargain for....none the less, it would be good to have the option. Please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks

There are no actual settings for this from within the ClassiPress admin options, so it would involve customizing the code..

You can find other threads here in the forums where people are looking to achieve the same sort of thing.. This thread may be of interest to you: http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...mails-to-Admin. Also in a similar kind of issue http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...act-email-form. Any modifications you make to the original theme, you do so at your own risk ;)
    Last edited by pepsi; July 9th, 2010 at 03:02 AM.

Thanks

Thanks again Pepsi. Is this functionality in the cards for a possible future release of ClassiPress?

Thanks

I'm not sure to be honest? But if a thread is started in the Feature requests section with enough comments from other members also wanting the same thing, then it's a possibility.. ;)

Thanks
    Hi There - I am thinking of allowing ads to be submitted by users to go live without "pending review". How and where exactly would I set this up? Also would this mean that paid ads (in my case Sticky), would also go live when the payment has been received from the user?

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Yes you can select an option to set ads to "Pending Review" which means you have to manually approve them first, however if you have paid ad options on your site, then customers who pay for their ads will have them go straight to published status (but only when payment is made).

Thanks
    Within your ClassiPress admin settings, you can set your "New Ad Status" to "Published" which means they won't require your approval. Your paid ads will publish automatically once payment has been made. If you have further questions on this please start a thread in the support section of the forums, as this thread and others in it are for pre-sales questions. Thanks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

epreneur (September 5th, 2010)

Thread Information