Thread: Can the "home page" be a subpage?

Unregistered

Can the "home page" be a subpage?

I think Vantage is the closest I can come to an ideal solution for a client site I'm designing; however, the member directory is only one part of the website, and certainly not the home/front page. Is there a way to set the site home page to not display the directory home page, and for the directory home page to function as a subpage?

Similarly, is there a way to NOT display the large "search" functionality that appears under the top navigation, or selectively display it, depending on if you're in the directory section or not? (I realize this would require customization on my part; I guess my question is more, "how easy is it to edit your theme?")

Thanks for your help!
    - Danielle

Thanks
    Hi Danielle, the theme itself is not specifically designed to use a different static page by default, so whilst you could technically change the default homepage to something else, some of the links/functionality may not work correctly without some additional customization. If you really wanted to try using a static homepage you could create a file and put it in the theme folder, it will load that first. Another option would be to install another instance of WordPress and put it in a sub-dir, then just link to it.

How easy it is to customize the theme, is ultimately relative to your coding knowledge, but our themes are well commented and not encrypted, so there's nothing preventing you from making changes as you wish. We recommend the use of a child theme if you are looking to make a lot of modifications, as it will save you from losing all of your changes in the process of an update. Thanks.

Thread Information