Thread: Categorizing by city or state And assigning ad listings to pages

Unregistered

Categorizing by city or state And assigning ad listings to pages

The Classipress theme was suggested to me for my classifieds site, but I have two questions before I buy this theme:

Can I assign categorized listings to their own page? For instance, all of my categories will be assigned to cities and states (and international locations) and I want the ad listings (for example) Artists in Atlanta Ga, to display only on the Atlanta GA artists page. But it doesn't look as if your theme is designed to properly arrange listings by city and state or international location. I only see random categories (such as Boats) but I have no idea where the location is because there is no city/state or international location listed. If I'm looking at classified ads but I have no idea where the location is, I'm not going to be looking at that ad for long, and no one else will either.

So basically, can I assign ads to their own page by city,state, and/or category and can those ads be categorized by city and state (by location)?

Thanks

Thanks
    ClassiPress isn't designed to separate listings into locations as you have described, however outside of setting the categories as actual locations, within the category view sidebar you can find an advanced search functionality which will allow you to search by location based fields. This can be seen on the ClassiPress demo site here. Thanks.

Thanks
    Pepsi,

Where can I find this tool, I cant see that on my widgets? how can I install the advanced location search ?

Thanks
    Please note that we do not offer support here in the pre-sales forums, if you could please post a new thread in the Help using ClassiPress forums, our team will be more than happy to assist. Thanks.

Thread Information