Thread: Clairpress vs. Vantage

Unregistered

Clairpress vs. Vantage

Is there a pre formatted "Add Business Now", or Add Event now button - Form on Classipress?
    Want people to be able to subscribe to their own advertisements. Won't be a classified listing site like Craigslit but need the breakdown by State and then by categories.
    Can this be done in Vantage?

I like the sponsored ads section on the right hand side in Classipress.
    I don't like the map on the main frame on Vantage. Can this be removed?
    I don't think I'll have use for the blogs on the right shown on vantage. Can I fill that space with something else?
    I won't need the price tags as shown on cliassipress.
    Can you create different levels of ads in Classipress, such as you have shown in vantage?
    Can I set my own expiration dates in Classipress?
    How does the expiration date of an expiring ad get brought to my attention, or that of the advertiser?
    Can I have sub categories, i.e., New Hampshire; bakeries, dress shops, flowers: Massachusetts; bakeries, dress shops, flowers - On either theme?

What if I'm not having a good time working with one theme, can I trade in or move up to another? I'm just not certain which theme would work best for me.

Thank you very much.

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

There is a default business listing and event listing form, but the theme also has a custom form feature which allows you to add fields to the business listing form.
    Neither theme specifically separates listings by location in the way that Craigslist does, although you can of course search by location.
    The main map shown on the Vantage demo site is an optional widget, so you can choose to not use it if you don't want the map to appear.
    You don't have to use the blog function if you choose not to. Menu items can be customized using the custom menus option in WordPress.
    You can create ad packages in ClassiPress, but each is differentiated by cost/listing duration.
    You can set the expiry date for listings based on packages.
    Once an ad has expired, the user will be emailed with an option to relist (if you have this activated). You will also be able to choose the default setting for expired ads (whether they remain published or go back to draft mode).
    Yes, you create all categories and subcategories yourself, these are not pre-filled in a new installation.

Due to the digital nature of our products we do not offer refunds or exchanges. We recommend that you review all features from the theme information pages, including demo sites to get an idea of what is included. Thanks.

Thread Information