Thread: Clarification on installling new theme

Unregistered

Clarification on installling new theme

Hello,

I am thinking of switching my site over to Vantage (actually, I'm pretty sure I will). I just want to prepare myself for when I get ready to install. It seems like I will have to put my site into maintenance mode for a few hours so I can import my current listings. I just want to be clear that installing Vantage would not interfere or do anything with my current standalone pages that I've created. I'm currently using the Business Directory Plugin for my directory, but I want an actual theme and not so many plugins. I just want to make sure prior to purchasing that Vantage will just be changing the design/style of my site but not removing anything. Is this correct?

Thanks
    Correct, existing data won't be deleted when you install and activate our theme, but of course in any instance where you are doing an upgrade we strongly recommend that you complete a backup of your site before you proceed. Thanks.

Unregistered

Pre-purchase question

Hi,
    I was discussing whith Spartac, have a look here if need : http://marketplace.appthemes.com/chi...ge-5/#comments

My concern is double:
    1) Will I loose my existing listings if I install Vantage and the Directory child theme?
    2) Is there any possibility to tried Vantage before purchasing it in order to be sure listings will not be removed?

Regards

Thread Information