Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: classipress

Unregistered
    great, and can users 'report' comments
    as in, i have a listing - another user wrote a bad comment reply
    i want to report him to admins so is there a 'report' button for replies?

in this cas, what can the admin/moderators do (is there a moderator role, or only site admin)
    can they give infractions or only close the account?

Unregistered

We use another theme for our blog that we are happy with

I'm curious how easily this theme is to customize so that we can mimic the look of our primary blog using this them as our listing/shopping section only.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    great, and can users 'report' comments
    as in, i have a listing - another user wrote a bad comment reply
    i want to report him to admins so is there a 'report' button for replies?

in this cas, what can the admin/moderators do (is there a moderator role, or only site admin)
    can they give infractions or only close the account?
    There is no report button built into the comments section (which is using the native WordPress comments function), however you may be able to find a plugin which could add this functionality. This one, is an example of one of many you can find in a google search, although please note that AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins, so we cannot guarantee that this one will definitely be 100% compatible with our themes. The other option for comments which does not require a plugin is that you could choose to moderate all comments before they are posted.

I'm curious how easily this theme is to customize so that we can mimic the look of our primary blog using this them as our listing/shopping section only.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks.
    Our themes are not encrypted, so essentially you can modify it in any way you like, however we recommend the use of a child theme to ensure you don't lose your customizations in the process of an upgrade. You may wish to check out our ClassiPress customer showcase for some great examples of how this and other themes can be modified to look quite different to the default layout. Thanks.

Unregistered

Use of Paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Since I am using free listings, can we have a 'featured ads' and have people PAY for this?

Yes, you can. You would choose to charge for ads then charge "0". You could then apply a charge for featured.

You would need some code customization to have two levels of the featured ads slider.

When you set the ad to "0," how does that interact with paypal?

Thanks
    When you set the ad to "0," how does that interact with paypal?
    As posted in the other thread you created relating to this:

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    Free ad listings are not redirected to PayPal, and depending on whether or not you have the ads set to moderation, either it will publish immediately (Thank you page) or the customer will see on screen that the ad has been sent for approval before it will be published. Since the ad is not redirected via PayPal, then there is no information to go through IPN as no funds are received. Thanks.

Unregistered
    You can see the first main category is "Auto". This first level sub-category is "Boats". The second level sub-category is "Sail Boats". That's as deep as it goes for our demo site. But you can have as many as ten levels of sub-categories. In this example, if I changed the "Category Depth" to "1", you would no longer see "Sail boats" in the category drop down.

In the demo, Sail boats(0) Boats (12) misaligned in Auto category in Categories. Will you fix this issue or it will show like this in the actual sellable build?

Thanks
    You can see the first main category is "Auto". This first level sub-category is "Boats". The second level sub-category is "Sail Boats". That's as deep as it goes for our demo site. But you can have as many as ten levels of sub-categories. In this example, if I changed the "Category Depth" to "1", you would no longer see "Sail boats" in the category drop down.

In the demo, Sail boats(0) Boats (12) misaligned in Auto category in Categories. Will you fix this issue or it will show like this in the actual sellable build?
    You can actually have more than 10 levels of sub categories as there is an option to "show all". If you changed the category depth to "1", then that's correct you'd only the child category, not the grandchild categories.

The "Sail Boats" grandchild category is not misaligned, it is intentionally displayed at a different level to the category above it to differentiate it from a child category. This was a request we had from many members of our community who did not want all of the levels below the parent displaying in a row, so yes this is how it is in the default theme. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information