Thread: ClassiPress Changes My WordPress Theme?

Unregistered

ClassiPress Changes My WordPress Theme?

My webmaster purchased and installed the ClassiPress plugin into my customized WordPress site. They stated that it caused problems, that it is a "theme" and not a "plugin," and that it replaced my WordPress theme, and that ClassiPress was then on all of my web pages. They looked of an option to have more than one theme on a site and could not find one.

Can anyone tell me if there is a solution to this? Mind you, you'll have to explain it to me in baby terms, being that I know nothing about this stuff, and then I'll relay the information that you provide back to my webmaster.

Thanks
    Yes that's correct, ClassiPress is a theme and as such, is not designed to be integrated into an existing theme in the way that a plugin can be. The easiest solution would be to simply install another instance of WordPress, and then the ClassiPress theme into a subdirectory.

Please note that all support for our themes is carried out in the forums, so if you need further explanation of help, then please log in with the account used to purchase your theme and our team will be more than happy to assist. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Pepsi,

Thank you for responding. I will forward this information to my webmaster, telling him that we can still use ClassiPress but that it will need to be installed in a subdirectory. Again, thanks for your time.

Thanks
    No problem at all :)

Unregistered
    Just got a phone call from my webmaster, stating that he can and will put ClassiPress in a subdirectory, but that it will require a separate login from my other web pages. I will have several other pages wherein folks will be required to be logged in, in order to participate on a particular page, such as upload a recipe or post to the forum or participate in surveys. Is there a way wherein there is only ONE login required, which will encompass all pages, including the subdirectory of ClassiPress? PLEASE SAY YES!

Thanks
    Yes, this can be done. As mentioned above, we provide all support to customers within the forums (not here in pre-sales), so if you need further help with this, you will need to log in and post a thread in the support section of the forums. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thank you. I'll ask them to post the question there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pepsi,

Thank you for responding. I will forward this information to my webmaster, telling him that we can still use ClassiPress but that it will need to be installed in a subdirectory. Again, thanks for your time.
    Maybe you need a new webmaster if they didn't know this already.

Thread Information