Thread: Classipress custimazition question.

Unregistered

Classipress custimazition question.

Hi,

I have couple of questions here regarding Classipress Theme.

A. If I buy this theme will I be able to customize it for two categories for a single website. My plan is to create a website with two main categories 1.to 'Buy and sell' and 2. 'product reviews' and both these categories would require separate 'Home page' and 'Category page' and separate 'Post an Ad' for each category. The price for featured ads will be different for each category. Please advice if this is feasible to customize the code.

B. What is the yearly renewal fee is for?

Nathan.

Thanks
    ClassiPress is not encrypted, so essentially you can make whatever customizations you like in order to suit your needs. You can of course by default add only 2 category types within the theme, and make use of custom fields and forms functionality which will allow you to have a different type of form for each category type, but the overall change of separate home page etc would require modification as you have mentioned. We recommend the use of a child theme if you are making changes, as this will prevent you from losing all of the changes in the process of an update.

The initial purchase includes a lifetime license for the theme, but the subscription renewal is specifically for support and theme updates. After the initial 12 months is finished, you have the option as to whether or not you wish to renew the subscription. If you do not, you will no longer have access to the support forums, or be able to download theme updates from your AppThemes customer dashboard. Thanks.

Nathan

Classipress customization question.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    ClassiPress is not encrypted, so essentially you can make whatever customizations you like in order to suit your needs. You can of course by default add only 2 category types within the theme, and make use of custom fields and forms functionality which will allow you to have a different type of form for each category type, but the overall change of separate home page etc would require modification as you have mentioned. We recommend the use of a child theme if you are making changes, as this will prevent you from losing all of the changes in the process of an update.

The initial includes a lifetime license for the theme, but the subscription renewal is specifically for support and theme updates. After the initial 12 months is finished, you have the option as to whether or not you wish to renew the subscription. If you do not, you will no longer have access to the support forums, or be able to download theme updates from your AppThemes customer dashboard. Thanks.
    Nathan:
    Hi Pepsi, what is the recommended child theme for my situation of having 'Two' categories in the same website with separate listings, packages etc..

Suggestion: It would be nice to add an email field in the message section and get an email reply to the users in addition to the post as it is very difficult to remember the website page, links and navigate to the questions etc.

Nathan

Classipress customization question.

[QUOTE=Nathan;224969]Nathan:
    Hi Pepsi, what is the recommended child theme for my situation of having 'Two same' (Classipress)categories in the same website with separate listings, packages etc.. Is it possible with the 'single theme developer' package. If I decide it to customize the code will the backend admin tool support 'Two Similar Categories' in a single website? Please advice.
    The functionality of these two categories in the same website would be more or less same but we need to keep it separate as it serves different purpose. One would be for 'Buy and Sell' and other would be for users to submit the product for reviews.

Suggestion: It would be nice to add an email field in the message section and get an email reply to the users in addition to the post as it is very difficult to remember the website page, links and navigate to the questions etc.

Thanks
    To clarify, there is no existing child theme which specifically caters to your requirements, what I meant is that for you to implement these changes it would require customization on your part, and in doing so, you should create a child theme in order to retain those changes.

The contact tab of the single ad pages allows buyers to contact sellers via email with the subject field already completed with the relevant ad name.. so this generally identifies to the seller which ad the message relates to. Thanks.

Thread Information