Thread: Classipress customization and plug ins

Unregistered

Classipress customization and plug ins

Hi
    I've been viewing your theme and I was just wondering is it possible to customize the homepage of classipress to look like the homepage in the featured highlights section
    "Fully Customizable Front Page"(http://www.appthemes.com/themes/classipress/) without purchasing any plug ins?

Also will any plugins purchased off your company work with updated themes or will a new compatible plug in have to be repurchased

Thanks

Thanks
    The options mentioned in the featured highlights of the ClassiPress theme page are default options within the theme, so yes these can be achieved without additional plugins or actual code changes. The demo site shows what the ClassiPress theme without plugins or modifications also. If you're looking to change the actual layout of the homepage outside of what can be changed in the settings, this can be done through customization on your part, or alternatively you can also find ready made ClassiPress child themes in the AppThemes marketplace. Plugins purchased from the marketplace are the ultimately the responsibility of the plugin developers to keep up to date with the latest versions of our themes (they're pretty good at this though), and it doesn't cost you extra to receive required updates to those. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi pepsi, Thanks for your reply.
    I have been looking at plug in child themes . If a were to take the basic theme and install certain plugins (featured ads, search engine)etc. then decided I wanted to install a child would that child theme override the current plug ins and make them obsolete or would the child theme be compatible and work with installed plug ins

Thanks
    This would likely depend on the child theme you use, as some child themes are designed to work/be compatible with specific plugin ins. If you're planning to use a child theme from the AppThemes marketplace you can post in the comments tab of the marketplace page to communicate directly with the child theme developer if you wish to clarify. Thanks.

Thread Information