Thread: Clipper Coupon Upload

Unregistered

Clipper Coupon Upload

Presales question, based on demo:

There seems to be no facility to upload anything other than an image of a coupon?
    Is that right?
    I was expecting the facility to upload .doc, .txt etc, so actual digital coupons can be shared.

This seems ot be a weird feature to be missing, respectfully.

Please confirm.

Many thanks

Unregistered
    yup ... any type of attachment should be allowed like pdf, .doc, xls, .txt etc
    http://imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif

Thanks
    The coupon image function is handled by the standard WordPress media library and is for images only. It would require some customization of the theme on your part to allow additional file types right now, although you're also welcome to submit feature requests on the AppThemes Ideas Exchange for our development team to consider for a future release.

Unregistered

No coupons then?

I don't understand the point of buying it if the only type of coupon you can upload is a scanned image of one.

Thanks
    Just to clarify, if you're specifically talking about digital coupons here, you of course wouldn't use the "Print coupon" option, you would use the "Coupon code" option where you literally give a coupon code which is redeemed during the checkout process on the linked online store. Online retailers don't need to "see" a coupon, they just need you to use the code.

Also, why would you even need to scan an image? It's not difficult to create .jpg or other image based file on any computer, and the fact is you don't need any specific application to open an image such as .jpg, unlike .doc or .pdf which require specific viewers (which makes it easier for the people using the site).

Unregistered

Coupon Clarification

Because a lot of the coupons we deal with are like e-tickets for flights. They are text docs and you print them up.

For example, I deal with a lot of educational organizations who have various coupon based student deals, each one numbered with not only the coupon code but also other alpha-numerical information.

They can be shared by email, and uploaded/downloaded and then printed dfor redemption.

Perhaps your application is not intended for such coupons. Its a shame though, because it seems that everything else in the Clipper Application is ideal for such projects. But it would not work without the ability to acutally upload the coupons, as I hope my example illustrates.

If you addressed this defecit, your applciation would be a fine choice for many coupon-based projects that rely on the exchange of such coupons.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for clarying further, this example helps.

I apologize at this point, because I have just looked into the theme again (it's a new theme, so even I'm still getting used to all the ins and outs ;)), and I just need to check this out with our team to be 100% sure of what the deal is with the coupon uploads. From my understanding, it was only images, however as you can see from the Clipper admin demo, there is in fact an "Allowed File Types" field, and I see you can actually enter in other file types with there being no mention of it having to be "images only". However testing with .doc and .pdf, it doesn't appear to allow it. Once I confirm this I will report back and update the thread. Thanks.

Unregistered

Great

That would be great.

I might have missed that in the admin demo.

Thanks.

Unregistered

Thanks
    Thanks for waiting, I have checked with our development team and they have confirmed the coupon upload is intended for images only. We will need update the tooltip on the "allowed file types" to clarify this. Sorry it's not the response you were hoping for.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if there are functions/features you would like to see implemented, the AppThemes Ideas Exchange is a great place to start making feature requests. As an aside, our themes are not encrypted, so if a function such as this is something you wanted to see, you are free to customize the theme to suit your requirements also.

Thread Information