Thread: Combine business directory and classifieds capability in the same theme

Usha

Combine business directory and classifieds capability in the same theme

Hello,

We are nonprofit, building a community website for early stage businesses to help each other and build a community. The website will contain a directory of business listings and free classifieds posted by member businesses. The site will need to be searchable/navigable by business listings (categorized by industry verticals) and free classifieds (categorized ex; jobs, events, RFPs and so on) . The free classifieds need to be linked to the member businesses and viewable on the side when users view a business details.

I like your Classipress theme and it seems to fit the classifieds piece very well. It is not very clear how we can achieve the business listing piece and the link between businesses and free classifieds.

Can you please help me with the following questions that will help us make a decision? Thanks!

a) Is it possible to achieve the above mentioned functionality with the Classipress theme?
    b) Does it require any customization to include member business listings as well?
    c) Are there any pointers to documentation on how the customization can be done if we buy the theme? Have any of your customers done this before?
    d) Is there a possibility that the Directorypress slated for launch in Sep 2010 can be combined with Classipress to deliver the above mentioned functionality without any customization?
    e) In general are there any issues we should consider while customizing the themes (from an upgrade/maintenance standpoint)

More details on the site in terms of mockups are available at this link, in case they are helpful. https://sites.google.com/site/growaz/site-wireframes

Regards,
    Usha

Usha

Combine business directory and classifieds capability in the same theme

Hello,

Is anybody looking into these questions?

-Usha

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    a-b. Yes it can be done but you need to customize Classipress to facilitate your business listing.

c. Customization is not covered by the documentation but there are users in the community/forum who will or may share their expertise. There are also expert coders in the forum that you can hire to do the modification for you.

d. Classipress and the upcoming directory are wordpress themes and so you can only run one instance of the theme on a wordpress installation. You can still use both by installing another instance of wordpress either in subdirectory or subfolder.

e. Classipress now offers child theme and so any modification done on the child theme will work just fine in future updates.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

usha
    Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    I'm glad to hear it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information