Thread: Which comes first?

Thanks

Which comes first?

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing Classipress, but want to change the design and layout.

For example only: Let's say I had a layout of craigslist or ebay in mind.

Do I purchase Classipress first and then pay for someone to customize the look of ebay or craigslist?

Or do I get the look layout first, then get Classipress to drive the backend?

Which comes first?

Maybe it might be easier to ask, if you want Classipress to run your classified site but have it look like a certain design, what do you do first?

Thomas

Thanks
    Whether you're confident in your coding knowledge/ability, or if you're paying a developer to make the changes, you'll probably want the theme files first so you know what you're dealing with in terms of figuring out what is involved with the customizations. However, in saying this, if you were to hire a developer from the AppThemes Certified Partners page, then you could request a quote for the work first, as these developers will have already worked with ClassiPress enough to have an idea of what would be involved. You'd of course need to purchase the theme before any work goes ahead though.

Thanks
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for responding. Do you know anyone in the "Bay Area" San Jose, CA that has worked with ClassiPress or Clipper? I have an idea I want to implement but want to see if I can sit down with someone that has knowledge how to code with AppThemes.

By the way, if I bought a theme, got it looking and working the way I want, but then AppTheme releases a new update version, would all the work I got done on it be gone?

Thomas

Thanks
    Not specifically, no. But you could contact them through the links on the partners page and ask. Alternatively, you can post a thread in the WordPress Theme Services thread if you wish to seek someone specific (although note that part of the forum is open to all, and not just Certified partners).

In terms of customizations, yes you should expect to lose much of this when you upgrade unless you consider creating a child theme which will minimize the effects.

Unregistered

Classipress question

Im considering buying the classipress model but i want my customers to be able to search for the goods within their zip code or city. Is that a feature? I kind of want the customers to be able to search for goods like how craigslist is ran.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    No feature on that yet with the current version and so it may require some form of customization on your part to implement. Perhaps it will be included in the next version release.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasn View Post
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for responding. Do you know anyone in the "Bay Area" San Jose, CA that has worked with ClassiPress or Clipper? I have an idea I want to implement but want to see if I can sit down with someone that has knowledge how to code with AppThemes.

By the way, if I bought a theme, got it looking and working the way I want, but then AppTheme releases a new update version, would all the work I got done on it be gone?

Thomas
    I am in Fremont and may know someone who can help you...you can end me a private message and I can give you their contact info

Thanks
    For some reason, I can't PM you. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    FYI - Only verified customers can use the PM system.

Thread Information