Thread: Create Listing Form

Unregistered

Create Listing Form

1. Is it possible to modify the Create Listing form - not just the category section. I realize custom forms can be created by category, but these fields are only useful for customizing the "Listing Type" section. In other words, can the rest of the form fields be customized? i.e. Contact info (such as adding email and removing twitter), the Additional info section (for instance removing the image fields and replacing them with other fields), etc.

2. If all listings are free, is it possible to remove the step where they select the list type and pay?

3. Where do they create their user account? On your demo, I was unable to get to the second step (or any thereafter). The page reloads and no error is displayed.

4. I didn't see a way for someone to simply search by street name. Is this possible?

Thanks
    1. You're correct, the contact information field and some others are not configurable from the custom form, so this section would require customization of the default theme files if you're looking to make changes there.

2. If listings are completely free, then any fields and redirection relating to the payment process is automatically not included.

3. The demo site is already logged in by default, and although it is a fully functioning demo, it does not save data which is why you cannot complete listing and registration steps. On a standard installation they can simply use the register link at the top of the page, or when prompted (if they try and place a listing).

4. Searching, by default, is more general in terms of city or country on the main index page, but within a location search results page you will then see the "Refine Search" functionality in the sidebar which allows you to narrow it down a little further, as seen on the Vantage demo site. Thanks.

Thread Information