Thread: Customer information collected vs. displayed - languages

Unregistered

Customer information collected vs. displayed - languages

Hi, I like the software. My question is this, I need to have a new customer/poster provide
    Name, address, phone, email, and a 5 part description of the listing, i.e., color, size, location, type, model, etc.
    But, I only want the description to be visible. So, in place of contacting the poster directly, we need the person interested to only be able to contact us, and we will provide the posters details. Can we control what details from the customers profile is visible? Can we turn off the contact function, or have the contact link back to us?

We can list our contact info on the front page, so that is one possibility, as an alternative where we would not display any contact info for the poster or contact info for us within the ad. Or, is there a way to have a default in each post that always lists our email as the contact?

Can we set this up so each ad must be approved before posting live? If yes, maybe when we review to approve, we can insert our email in the poster contact info under a "email #2", which could then be marked a visible.

Also, regarding different languages. If our main site is in English, can we have links to other languages on our home page, i.e., small flags. Or would we need a new domain for each language?

Thank you

Thanks
    There is no setting from within the ClassiPress admin to hide custom fields, so this would involve customization on your part. I know a couple of other customers have asked the same thing, but I don't believe any solution has been found or at least shared yet. In terms of the sidebar contact form and removing it, this is also something that would require some minor customization.

If you're running free ads, then yes you can moderate all listings and have them pending until such time as you review and publish them, but if you're running paid ads, then these will automatically publish once the payment is made.

I'm aware of there being multi language plugins out there, but some are not compatible with custom post types, and ultimately third party plugins are not officially supported.

Basically what you're outlining overall would take some customization of the theme, but it is possible.

Thread Information