Thread: Customisation and others

Unregistered

Customisation and others

Hi,
    I'm looking to use your software to run a classifieds site specifically relating to classic cars. I have a number of questions:

Looking at the demos it's hard to see how my modifications would look without being able to save my changes. is there a way around this?

I would like to include a 'nearest' function so would need to integrate postcodes into the system preferably also using a mapping function - is this possible and is the database of postcodes readily available?

I would also like to include a variety of payment methods and plane, for instance; pay to view adverts earlier than other users and possibly on a sliding scale.

Many thanks for your attention.

Regards
    Martin

Thanks
    Unfortunately we don't have anything available which would allow you to make changes as data is not saved to the demo site. Our themes are not encrypted, so you are free to modify them as you wish, however this is ultimately up to you as AppThemes does not officially support customizations or offer these services. We do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes, and we do offer some useful information for developers in our AppThemes developer center. Thanks.

Unregistered

Hi and thanks

for your reply.

I can see some very positive aspects to the software you offer. Is there any way I can allow my users (those searching for classic cars in my case) to sort their results by, say, price (low to high, High to Low), age of advert (newest first/oldest first) and so on or would that also fall into the hands of a further development.

I've looked around the demo pages and when I click on customisation it just says 'Cheatin', 'uh?' which I found a bit odd.

Best wishes

Martin

Thanks
    Yes the functionality you describe would require additional customization as there is no feature for this already built in.

Sorry for any inconvenience with the links, we have made changes to the demo site and other page URLs previously and perhaps some links are not updated. We shall look into this. Thanks.

Thread Information