Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Classipress work on a Windows Web Server 2008

Thanks

Re: Does Classipress work on a Windows Web Server 2008

Great what's the url to your Webserver 2008 so I can check it out.... I still have three functions not working correctly and I do not have apache installed...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by argrone
    Great what's the url to your Webserver 2008 so I can check it out.... I still have three functions not working correctly and I do not have apache installed...
    Its my private server here at home. Wont allow outside connetction.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

What does this "private" server have its own smtp server built in? The main issues, and as stated in other comment responses, several users are experiencing the same issues, why not share your fixes for many utilize "offsite" smtp resources for sending email

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by argrone
    What does this "private" server have its own smtp server built in? The main issues, and as stated in other comment responses, several users are experiencing the same issues, why not share your fixes for many utilize "offsite" smtp resources for sending email
    Yea, like most web servers its got SMTP. Its hard to post my "fixes" when i didnt have to fix anything. If your having SMTP issues, there is WP plugins to fix this.
    Eric is best known in the forum for his in depth tutorials. He started in design 4 years ago and then discovered WordPress and has been coding and hacking themes and plugins ever since. He's quite helpful if you have any questions for him in the forum. Eric also makes his own WordPress themes and plugins and provides ClassiPress consulting on the side. David Cowgill - (Owner of Classipress)

Thanks

Sorry, I meant did you check your IIS log files (or whatever MS 2008 log files there are)?

I was reading a couple threads I found on Google and some others have had trouble with this as well. Since WordPress & ClassiPress both use wp_mail or php mail, Windows doesn't always work correctly.

Try using the WP Mail SMTP plugin and see if that fixes it.
    As posted by the creator of the template...

Otherwise, you haven't a clue as to the problem(s), your "server" is private which makes me wonder if you ever have sent an email from same since you need a "domain" associated with a Windows Web Server to provide external email functions, this would lead me to believe that you probably don't have this operating on a Windows Web Server 2008 without Apache installed on it..

Which re-write module are you using, and what platform are you using to provide both php and java?

Best bet is, that I will need to await a "fix" regarding the provided email module to resolve this issue...

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Best bet is, that I will need to await a "fix" regarding the provided email module to resolve this issue...
    Or, purchase a webhosting account for $2.99 a month (Sorry HG and BH people) and be done with it. If you're posting this from home chances are your ISP is offering a small amount of hosting as well if you don't want to pay.

Seriously.

1st post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information