Thread: Does the Post an Ad feature work on real sites? Not working on the demo

t8rst8r

Does the Post an Ad feature work on real sites? Not working on the demo

I really like the features and setup of Classipress and am seriously considering purchasing it (perhaps multiple copies of it). However, when using the demo and trying to place an ad, I consistently get an error message - something about a duplicate ad error.

I've read through the forums and one other person seems to be having the same problem but no one has responded as to whether it is a bug with the demo. So all of you Classipress users out there, can you verify that the ad placement works and let me know what your likes and dislikes are? Problems you've run into and fixes.

I would love to have the developers respond as well, if it is not too much to ask - I really like your work and am very seriously considering purchasing it, but I need to be assured the most critical part of the ad system - the ad placement and money maker end works.

Please, someone respond and let me know ASAP. I would love to get development moving forward if it checks out.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.

Thanks
    Hi t8rst8r.

Yes, ClassiPress does function as you would expect.

As noted on the pop-up you have to click on to get to the demo:
    "Please Note: Demo data cannot be saved so when creating a new job, ad listing, coupon, etc you may see an error message. This is demo center behavior only – our themes work just fine. :-)"

Admittedly, the font could be larger.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Unregistered

Ah, missed that one obviously!

Thank you! Apparently my eyes didn't connect with my brain and it did not register. I really like the module and think I will probably try it out. I can use it with my own custom theme - correct?

Thanks
    Hi.
    ClassiPress IS a theme, and WordPress will only allow one theme at a time. ClassiPress does support child themes, so... customization is definitely an option.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Thread Information