Thread: Editing Subject Line Of Email Sent To Job poster

David Johnson

Editing Subject Line Of Email Sent To Job poster

I'm thinking about purchasing JobRoller but I have a very specific question. I will be using this to post out own Jobs, we are a recruiting company and wouldn't be using this theme for others to post. My question is this, can I edit the subject like to include the name of the business when I get an email alert that somebody has applied?

I use a program called SendOuts to receive job listing emails. The program sorts the emails received by the subject line so I would need the email send from JobRoller to have the name of the Job Applied for, can it do that?

Thanks
    The default subject line that goes through when someone sends an email to a Job Poster is like this:

Application for job "Title of the job"
    With "Title of the job" being based on whatever the actual title of the job is in JobRoller. So, if you're placing all the ad listings yourself, you could of course choose to include the business name in the Title itself.. This would be the easiest way, otherwise you would be looking at some specific customization to the code which could allow JobRoller to be able to pick up which business created the listing in the first place in order for it to appear in the subject line.. I imagine working that out could be quite complex, but if you have the coding skills to work that out then you can certainly make the changes if you wanted to as the theme is not encrypted, making it free to be customized.

David Johnson
    That works perfect actually because we put the name of the business we are posting the listing for as the tile. In that case I'm going to go ahead and make the purchase, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    The default subject line that goes through when someone sends an email to a Job Poster is like this:

With "Title of the job" being based on whatever the actual title of the job is in JobRoller. So, if you're placing all the ad listings yourself, you could of course choose to include the business name in the Title itself.. This would be the easiest way, otherwise you would be looking at some specific customization to the code which could allow JobRoller to be able to pick up which business created the listing in the first place in order for it to appear in the subject line.. I imagine working that out could be quite complex, but if you have the coding skills to work that out then you can certainly make the changes if you wanted to as the theme is not encrypted, making it free to be customized.

Thread Information