Thread: embed it on another site

Unregistered

embed it on another site

Hello, I have another website and I have a big section which is city guide. Vantage is an autonomous website/template for creating a guide not a plugin. What I want is to embed the vantage inside my site as category. I was thinking of creating a new subdomain like guide.mysite.com and setup vantage there. But I dont want users to visit guide.mysite.com - generally I dont want to lead people outside main (www.) domain. So I was wondering if that can be transparent. When user goes to option "city guide" to display in my native theme design the main content (left) and the widgets on the right (again using my theme design) and on the background keep the current site background as well as all other menus of the main site.

Do you know any way to do this?

Thanks
    Vantage is not designed to be installed as you describe, as it requires its own instance of WordPress to run and will override any existing theme you are using. The best option in this instance would be to install it in a subdirectory of your existing domain. So your site visitors are not actually leaving your domain.

e.g.
    yourdomain.com <== Your existing homepage
    yourdomain.com/directory <== Your Vantage installation

Thanks.

Unregistered
    yes i know that. my question was how possible is to adapt it to the current theme. i mean to keep the menu of the original www. site and run the content of the guide. subdomain.

Thanks
    If you're only concerned about it actually looking like/having the appearance of your existing theme, then you could consider creating a child theme for Vantage and customize the header/layout to look more like what you're using now. This way you're using one theme on your domain.

Thread Information