Thread: Extending Membership Pack system for cutom site

Unregistered

Extending Membership Pack system for cutom site

We are a small team of web developers. We are interested in buying a developer license and using the ClassiPress and JobRoller as the basis for a big site that needs both of those functionalities.

However, we have one important question.

We see that ClassiPress has a Membership system where users can sign up for what I think you have called a Membership Pack, allowing them to post Ads during that period.

We need to know if the way you have written the application would enable us (with some custom coding on our part) to use that function to protect access to other content. In other words, we would need not only to restrict postin gof ads to those with a current Membership Pack, but also restrict access to other content, such as posts, custom post types, pages etc.

Obviously, whether or not we could achieve that will depend on where and how you have coded it.

All I need to know is whether the way it is written would enable us to achieve the above. Or, if the system is coded to work wntirely and only at the point where you attempt to POST and ad.

Many thanks.

Thanks
    Where users can sign up for Membership Pack?Thanks.http://www.imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif

Thanks
    Yes,where do we signup for the membership pack. I would really like to signup.http://www.imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are a small team of web developers. We are interested in buying a developer license and using the ClassiPress and JobRoller as the basis for a big site that needs both of those functionalities.

However, we have one important question.

We see that ClassiPress has a Membership system where users can sign up for what I think you have called a Membership Pack, allowing them to post Ads during that period.

We need to know if the way you have written the application would enable us (with some custom coding on our part) to use that function to protect access to other content. In other words, we would need not only to restrict postin gof ads to those with a current Membership Pack, but also restrict access to other content, such as posts, custom post types, pages etc.

Obviously, whether or not we could achieve that will depend on where and how you have coded it.

All I need to know is whether the way it is written would enable us to achieve the above. Or, if the system is coded to work wntirely and only at the point where you attempt to POST and ad.

Many thanks.
    The memberships themselves can be purchased outside of the ad posting process, so it's not entirely tied in with posting only.

Thread Information