Thread: Few Questions before i pick it up

Tanya

Few Questions before i pick it up

Few questions i have are:

1) By reading few of your release change logs i see that you have added a store logo feature which can be added to any new store when added or edited in the system. If a user adds a logo for a store and then adds three coupons for that particular store, will all three coupons have the logo infront of the coupon title instead of screenshots ?

2) Is there a way we can have a custom image uploaded for a coupon and the listing of the coupons displays that image instead of the logo.

3) Is there a way we can upload all store images and other custom images to a different domain like http://img.mysite.com from a CDN because I see that media upload option is not on Wordpress settings to how can we configure the CDN.

4) There is no media upload option on the add new coupons page as well ? any reasons for that ?

5) Is there a way we can customize the Submit coupon form so we can add two more meta fields which we want to show along with the coupon description.

6) How can i import my old coupons since we will be migrating from an old wordpress site which is based of all meta fields. I can do the mapping of the xml fields but i don't see an import option in wordpress since that is again not visible in Wordpress options - writing and is taken out ?

7) Can we change this thumbs up and down image. I guess we can replace the images in themes directory and name it in similar manner ?

Tanya

Few Questions before i pick it up

Few questions i have are:

1) By reading few of your release change logs i see that you have added a store logo feature which can be added to any new store when added or edited in the system. If a user adds a logo for a store and then adds three coupons for that particular store, will all three coupons have the logo infront of the coupon title instead of screenshots ?

2) Is there a way we can have a custom image uploaded for a coupon and the listing of the coupons displays that image instead of the logo.

3) Is there a way we can upload all store images and other custom images to a different domain like img . mysite . com from a CDN because I see that media upload option is not on Wordpress settings to how can we configure the CDN.

4) There is no media upload option on the add new coupons page as well ? any reasons for that ?

5) Is there a way we can customize the Submit coupon form so we can add two more meta fields which we want to show along with the coupon description.

6) How can i import my old coupons since we will be migrating from an old wordpress site which is based of all meta fields. I can do the mapping of the xml fields but i don't see an import option in wordpress since that is again not visible in Wordpress options - writing and is taken out ?

7) Can we change this thumbs up and down image. I guess we can replace the images in themes directory and name it in similar manner ?

- - - Updated - - -

8) Is there a way we can allow users to enter the admin backend dashboard but only allow them to update the existing coupons or add new coupons, not other feature of menus enabled for them ?

Tanya
    Any thoughts on this guys, I have to take a call at the earliest.

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1) Yes, if a store image has been uploaded, that is what will be used on the coupons created for that store.

2) Not at this time.

3) The store image is uploaded from the Clipper admin dashboard and you do have the option to upload or link from URL as per normal WordPress media options.

4) It's just not currently an option.

5) This could be achieved through customization of the default theme on your part, however the theme itself doesn't currently have a custom form builder.

6) Clipper has a built in .csv importing tool as shown on the Clipper admin demo. The usual WordPress import/export tools are still available, just not visible on our demo site.

7) Yes, this can be done through customization.

8) There are no user type options within the theme which can manage this type of access, and whilst there are WordPress plugins for this purpose, we cannot guarantee that they will be compatible with the theme.

Clipper is not encrypted, so if you are looking to make changes to the default theme layout/functionality this can certainly be done. Thanks.

Tanya

Followup questions on 2 and 4

Thanks Pepsi,

Some followup questions:

2) Can we customize the theme to make this possible. As this is must have feature for for us as we will be migrating our existing deal site to this.

4) I understand that Media upload option is removed from coupon editor page but, i can see featured image option on the lower right hand corner. Will uploading an image to this associate the image to this particular coupon. If so we can use that image to display ?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

1) Our themes are not encrypted so yes you are certainly free to make modifications if you wish. You can read more about theme customizations here.

2) No, setting the featured image does not change the default image for the store. Thanks.

Tanya

Thanks again.

So can you tell me what is the featured image for on each of the coupon ?

Tanya

Thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

I guess i am almost inclined to buy this one but trying to figure out how much customization will i need to port our existing deals site to this theme.

Thanks
    The featured image is either the default web screenshot or the image you choose to upload for the store (whatever you have used for the store image). Thanks.

Thread Information