Thread: General enquiry

amadoudiallo1@gmail.com

General enquiry

Hi I would like to purchase Classipress to run a classified ads website but I am not a programmer.

1) I should go for the standard version?

2) Could you tell me if I pay the $99 fee, is it all that I need or is there any other fee at the end of the year for renewing or updates?

3) Is it possible to create several classified ads website and have them at different domains?

4) Is the google location plugin along with the standard version or will I need to add a plugin?

I would like to manage the site, cannot afford to hire a developper or admin.

Regards,

Amad

Thanks
    Hi Amad, in answer to your questions:

1) The only difference between the standard and developer edition licences is that the developer edition includes the Photoshop .psd files. These are useful for web designers who may wish to redesign the layout of the theme. If you purchase standard edition, you can always upgrade to developer at a later time.

2) The initial $99 standard fee includes a lifetime license and 12 months of updates and support. At the end of the 12 months, if you wish to continue receiving theme updates and continue to have access to the AppThemes support forums, you have the option to renew your subscription for $29 for another 12 months.

3) Yes, our licences allow you to install the theme on as many websites/domains as you wish.

4) The Google map you see in the sidebar of the single ad pages is integrated into the theme by default, it is not a separate plugin.

To get a better idea of the installation and configuration process you may wish to check out some of the theme documentation, as well as a look at the front and back end demos. Being involved in the initial setup will certainly give you a better understanding of how everything works, so managing it from there will be even easier :)

Amad

General enquiry

Thanks for the reply, Will try the demo.

C ya

Amad

Ads & Home page customisation

Hi, could you tell me if it is possible to modify the home page if I purchase the standard version or do I need to have the developper edition to do that (I am not skilled to do it myself, was thinking if I could outsource that part in a nearby future). with a layout that will approximately look like this with pictures showing each section.

http://www.dorgoo.sn

Do you have an idea of what it would cost to have the home page customised (and will I still have the same ease of use after the customisation or will it change something on the utilisation of classipress)

I also wanted to know if there is any plugin to help manage flash banners ads on the website, and monitor them with a turnover which manages the ads please.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Yes, you can modify the home page if you wish, and this can be done with either the standard or developer versions. The difference between the two license types is that the developer license includes the Photoshop .psd files, which are useful for those looking to change the layout of the theme. These files include all the colors, sizes etc already laid out so will save a designer some time.

We strongly recommend the creation of a child theme for anyone looking to make customizations, as this will save you losing all of your work in the process of an upgrade.

AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire. If you make contact with one of them with and outline of your requirements they will be able to provide a price for the work.

There are WordPress plugins you can try for ad management, however as we do not officially support third party plugins, these are not specifically tested for compatibility with our themes. We hope this information helps.

Thread Information