Thread: How can you automatically delete expired coupon?

Unregistered

How can you automatically delete expired coupon?

This clipper is great but how can you automatically delete an expired coupon? Is there a way? For instance the coupon expired after 7 days so after that the published coupon should be automatically deleted rather than delete each manually. Because if you have 500 coupons or more expiring on the same day, how can you delete them at once if deleting manually?

Another thing is, coupons have expiry dates so it should be deleted once it expire right? Unlike the blog post which you donnot delete. So if you are deleting a lot of coupon post every day, wouldn't it affect the google ranking or something? Will you be penalized if you're deleting coupon posts all the time?

Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,403 Times in 3,274 Posts
    No default option yet to automatically delete coupons though it can easily be implemented through custom coding. Likewise, other AppThemes themes already have a cron expire post feature which I think can easily be ported if users are requesting for it.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    No default option yet to automatically delete coupons though it can easily be implemented through custom coding. Likewise, other AppThemes themes already have a cron expire post feature which I think can easily be ported if users are requesting for it.
    well i think you should implement that feature in this theme as well :)
    http://imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    Seems the Clipper App Theme would automatically have that feature since coupons naturally have expiration dates, and it certainly would benefit the webmaster in terms of time management. I vote to have it!!!!

Thanks
    Any feature requests, and subsequent votes for such requests can be made on the AppThemes Ideas Exchange for consideration in a future release of the theme :)

Unregistered
    Thank you Pepsi I went to the voting area.

Thread Information