Thread: how to improve the search engine?

Unregistered

how to improve the search engine?

Hello

Sorry for the translation (google), I'm from Brazil and speak little English.

I loved your Theme, But the online demo does not have a feature that is very important to me.
    It would be more drop-down menus, both in the registration of ads, as in the search field. By the way, in the search field I does not need a Box where the user type something. Only drop-down menus with previous categories.

Both the registration of ads, as in the search, the order would be for example like this:
    City (or all)> Brand (or all)> Model (or all)
    It would be interesting also have drop-down menus to restrict vehicle years:
    Ex: 1999 to 2002
    Finally, a search engine similar to this site is all that I needed:

www.carrosjc.com.br

The site is in Portuguese, but please take a look just to see the search field (busca rápida)

Região = Region
    Cidade = City
    Tipo = Type (auto, bike ...)
    Marca = Brand
    Modelo = Model
    Preço = Price
    Ano = Year (from - to)

although ugly, this site with this format of the search engine is what provides the best way to find a vehicle when there are many advertised. At least here in Brazil, this type of search is the most used in all cars classified, and registration of ads must offer the same search fields so that the site becomes more automated.

It would be very interesting also in the registration of ads had a list of standard and optional vehicle items (which I would create) where the user marks the items of interest, checking each item that your vehicle has. (like: airbags, air conditioner, turbo...)

I found codes php to buy here in Brazil that offer these functions. although functional sites, they are ugly and poorly made visually. Your site offers a much more professional and clean look.

Thank you very much

Jeferson Simões.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    The next major release of Classipress will include an extensive search feature using custom fields which make it more in line with your requirements.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    this is great news. you have an idea of when it releases this version, and if I buy the current version I can migrate without cost for this new?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Yes, upgrades are free and the next version release is tentatively scheduled on the last week of September.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information