Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Indeed Integration and wordpress searching features

Thanks
    The biggest issue I could think of was the job listing life cycle, as you could end up with a ton of listings which aren't valid, and deleting in bulk did prove to be a time consuming issue in the past when our JobRoller theme used to import the listings this way. Although we don't offer customization services, we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes. The best information would likely come from a developer in terms of the technical aspect of what you're looking for advice on, and they could always provide a quote based on your requirements if you provide an outline of what you're looking to achieve, so it may be worth contacting someone from there in this regard. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi!

I am back ;)

I would like to ask you a couple of things:

1) I have read in the languages support section that Jobroller can be made multilingual, but have not understood entirely its scope. Does it mean that if upload many of those language files, Jobroller will identify user's location and will assign its national language to the entire theme (if I have obviously correctly uploaded)? Does it include the admin panel as well?

2) I will be displaying Indeed's jobs from over 15 countries and I will expect Indeed to map the query results with my previously created custom job categories. How will JR manage to map query results, in the different languages, into my job categories?

Many thanks!

Looking forward to your response!

KR,
    Greg

Thanks
    Hi Greg :)

1) To clarify, the theme can be translated into any other language, but is not multilingual in the sense that users can select from various languages. This is a possibility using a plugin such as WPML, and our team are working with the developers of that plugin for this as mentioned here, however we do not currently have a time frame for when this will be available for JobRoller.

2) This essentially comes down to the job listing queries that you create and will depend how you manage the various languages/countries - a single installation or multiple instances for each country (e.g. china/yourdomain.com, italy/yourdomain.com etc). You'd need to create many queries if you're using multiple countries on the same install. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi,

Thanks for your answer.

I am afraid I have not understood pretty well your answer to point 2.

Let's say I want Jobroller in English, not translated to any language. I definitely wanna go for a single installation. How would you do this with JR?

Could you please detail a bit further what you mean by "You'd need to create many queries if you're using multiple countries on the same install"?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks
    Sorry, I probably didn't explain that very well. The jobs that are pulled from Indeed are based on the job listing queries which you enter into the relevant "Job Listing Queries" field. What I was meaning by having to create many queries is that if you're planning to pull various types of jobs for multiple specific countries then you'll need queries with the country information for each one - if you're just going to pull jobs from any country then you can leave the location out of the query and it will just pull them for all locations. I mentioned this because you indicated that you're looking to have a certain list of countries rather than all countries? Perhaps if you check out the Indeed setup documentation this will give you a better idea of what is involved. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Hi Pepsi,

I am looking at a specific number of countries (only European countries, in principle). So, I know that I will have to make multiple queries for each country and respectively for each job category (Every country will have 7 specific queries to match with 7 specific custom job categories).

"Just create job queries for the categories you want to display on the frontpage and let JobRoller automatically retrieve jobs for any category that users browse." I don't see how Jobroller will map my queries in other countries/languages into my custom job categories.

This is another question: How would I make the "Job types mapping" if I have 10 languages? Something like this part-time|tiempo-parcial|Teilzeitarbeit |temps partiel | etc.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    At this stage you don't have the facility to switch languages anyway, as the plugin is not yet completed for JobRoller - so admittedly it's not easy for me to outline exactly how this all works with the WPML plugin until it's actually working with it. For now, the previous discussion we've had earlier in the thread explain how the mapping/queries work under normal circumstances (i.e. a single language). I don't know how the WPML plugin will interact with Indeed in terms of whether or not the queries are translated or if you need one for each language. Again, this is something I can't even test for myself until such time that the plugin is available. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Ok, let's put it this way...

I have not seen the option, but it might be my lack of familiarity with Wordpress or/and Jobroller? What about if I could choose in what pages to display certain Indeed queries? It might work that way? So I would just have to choose page for country and category.

Thanks
    The Indeed integration doesn't work that way in terms of displaying different results within different pages.. The job results that are pulled are based on your job queries and the users search criteria. If your idea is for a customer to select a country and then search jobs within that country, then this goes back to how you initially set up JobRoller and whether or not you consider a single instance for each country.

If you have a clear outline of what you're looking to achieve, then as mentioned earlier we do have a certified partners page where you can find a developer for hire and obtain a quote. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information