Thread: Large user base

Unregistered

Large user base

Hi,

I am running an existing jobs board with over 45,000 registered users. My questions are:

- Is it mandatory that the users register as Employers or Job Seekers? Or they can just be both. In our site for example, all the users can post jobs and look for jobs.

- Can our existing users be imported into the system with their email and password?

- The job alerts, can they be sent daily? To the full user list?

Thanks

Thanks
    The registration types are currently separate, so no there is no combined registration type which allows access to both functions as you have described. Implementing that would require customization of the default theme on your part.

There is no built in option to import users in bulk, so this may require use of a plugin. From a quick Google search I can see This or this kind of plugin (although please note, as AppThemes does not officially support plugins, we cannot guarantee they will be 100% compatible with our themes). Most likely you would need some knowledge of mysql admin to ensure that users are allocated to the relevant registration type.

The user would have to be signed up to the job alerts, but you can set the recurrence of the Job Alerts from the JobRoller admin dashboard as you can see here from the JobRoller admin demo. Thanks.

Unregistered

Pay for it?

Hello Pepsi,

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible for us to pay for the development of the requested feature, and for it to be included in the official theme? I know we can modify the code, but we don't have developers in house, and we think it may be better if you do it, as you already know the code and its ramifications. It should be something easy, like this example:

- Tick box in he admin for: '2 Registration pages or 1 Registration page'
    - If 2 Reg Pages ticked, then it would be the current functionality.
    - If 1 Reg Page ticked, then all the users would have the same reg. page, with email, password and professional category mandatory. They would all be allowed to publish and apply to jobs, as well as to post resumes. The 'My Dashboard' would show the combined info. Web Admin should be able to set and edit the Professional Categories.

Please let me know if this is possible. If not, do you know anyone who could do this?

I think that the current theme, works mainly for companies, but in many professional sectors, like the construction business, today you work as employer, and tomorrow as job seeker, depending on the jobs.

I would really appreciate it if you could please let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks
    AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire: http://www.appthemes.com/partners/. If you make contact directly with an outline of your requirements, they will be able to provide a quote for this work. Thanks :)

Thread Information