Thread: Location Search

Unregistered

Location Search

I have been looking for Word Press applications that have a good and robust location search feature however it appears non existent and I may have to move my client away from WordPress to a more sophisticated CMS which have all of these functions.

I would like to know how you location search works especially with use cases where candidates may be close within a location would the application suggest this? For example, if there are jobs within a 50 mile radius of Los Angeles and applicants search for a city that is in the surburbs but fall within the radius will the system be able to decipher that and display? Can you do a search by zip code?

I think that is a very important part for a application like this many people do not live in a big city rather in the suburbs, so if they search for jobs close to home, the application should be able suggest any city close by and not having to know the exact city or else it won't display.

Thanks

Thanks
    As you've probably seen from the JobRoller demo, you can set the radius to search right under the location search field in the toolbar, and yes you can search by zip code. The search will display listings within the parameters that they have selected, so if they search for a specific keyword in a specific state that the job is not in (and it doesn't fall within the radius selected), then no it will not display that job. Thanks.

Thread Information