Thread: Log, external view

Unregistered

Log, external view

Hello I have two pre-sales questions.

1) is it possible to have a log file of all approved ads ?

I want to be sure to have all "ads id, ip, title and posting time" in a safe place that remain available also if the user will delete all of his ads, or if the ads expires. This for my security to be able to answer to police requests mabye months after the ads was deleted, intentionally or not, from the system.

2) I run some discussion boards (vBulletin) and I want to know if there is a way to make a plugin to show a random ads from the classipress installation ?

This will be a great way to promote the classifieds site giving a valuable service to the advertisers.

Best regards

Thanks
    1) There isn't a specific reporting tool built into ClassiPress, but to clarify, customers actually cannot delete their ads, so the IP and post date information will be stored in the ad screen in the wp-admin where they cannot edit it. You may be able to find a plugin that can extract this data, or obtain it directly from the database.

2) I'm not aware of any specific plugins for this, so it may take some custom work to do so.

Unregistered
    Thank you Pepsi, but wat happens to the exipred ads?

In the features page I see: "Automatic Ad Pruning", but if for SEO purposes the ads is not deleted in a few months you'll have a classifieds site with hundreds of dead ads ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dodobird View Post
    you have a point there. I also wonder what happens to the expired ads.http://www.imagicon.info/cat/5-5/1.gif
    If you have purchased an theme AppTheme ask you to sign in with your account verified. So you can post your questions in the correct thread and get support on the team of moderators and the community.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thread Information