Thread: Lots of questions!

Unregistered

Lots of questions!

I am considering buying JobRoller, but have a few questions I would really like answered before I buy.... I apologise for the very long list! I did search through the forum for answers but couldn't find the answers I needed.

1. My job site, which is a mixture of job postings (90%) and articles about job hunting (10%) is currently in a typical blog format, with every job or article posted as individual blog entries. If I switch over to JobRoller, where will my job postings go? Into the blog section or into the job listings page?

2. Each of my job postings have categories and tags attached to them. What will happen to these if I switch to job roller?

3. My SEO is very good at the moment, will this be affected by switching over to JobRoller?

4. Is it possible that switching themes will cause me to lose any content?

5. If I have major problems with JobRoller and I decide to switch back to my old theme, will I lose any content or widgets in the process?

6. I will want to place ads on my site. Does JobRoller only have space for a maximum of 2 ads / banners?

7. I currently use clicky analytics for my stats. Will I lose all previous data if I switch to JobRoller? Can I keep using Clicky with JobRoller?

8. How difficult is it to change the size of the page titles and move them down the page (about, blog etc.)?

9. How difficult would it be to upload my own logo and/or background image to the site? (I have practically zero html / css knowledge)

10. I will probably not be charging money for job postings and for the time being I will be doing all of the job postings myself. Can I remove (at least temporarily) the 'submit a job' button?

11. In cases where I don't have the job poster's email address, is it possible to disable the 'apply online' button and instead provide a link to the original job posting (ie. a link to the company web page where applicants can apply online)

Thanks so much. I know that's a lot of questions to answer, but I really want to be sure I'm making the right decision before I buy!

Thread Information