Thread: Map, Event, Geolocation and general presales queries

Unregistered

Map, Event, Geolocation and general presales queries

Hello, I have several pre-sales queries related to the Vantage theme.

1) Can the map markers be customized i.e., house for hotel, tea cup for café etc.?
    2) Are map marker callouts with a business photo, summary possible (like displayed by Business Finder)?
    3) Can spam registrations, reviews and comments be prevented?
    4) Can the ‘scraping’ of my data within the directory be prevented?
    5) Are events displayed by location?
    6) Can events be associated with a directory listing?
    7) Does Vantage use geolocation or does the map centroid need to be manually fixed? I.e. I’m in the uk so based on my IP the map defaults to my area of the country?
    8) Following on from Q6. After I have achieved local domination ;-) is it possible to expand the directory expand to include the US/Europe e.g. the map will geolocate to where ever a user is located be it the States, UK or Europe?
    9) Lastly, what are the advantages of me purchasing Vantage over Business Finder?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,
    ALH

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1) There is no option for this specifically built into the theme, so it would require customization on your part if you were looking to do this.
    2) You can see what the default markers look like from the Vantage demo site, so again this would require customization to change how this currently displays.
    3) You can potentially use plugins to manage these such as WangGuard as mentioned on our recommended plugins page.
    4) There's nothing built into the theme specifically relating to this.
    5) The default view is simply by order of being posted, but you can choose the filter for events as shown on the Vantage demo site (events are at the bottom of the page).
    6) At this time they are not, so would require customization.
    7) You can configure location for Vantage in the Geolocation settings. You can find plugins such as User Locator also available.
    8) As per 7)
    9) I'm going to assume that since you're doing your homework before buying a product that you have already gone through the features information of Vantage vs other directory themes to determine which of these offers what you're looking for. There are some obvious visual differences between themes (which ultimately comes down to personal preference), with many similar features.

Support for all of our themes is carried out here in the AppThemes forums, and we have a large, active community, and a
    dedicated support team to assist our customers. We believe that whilst there may be many companies offering products for similar purposes, with similar features, sometimes all is not what it seems when it comes to actually using said product. The team behind the product is highly important, and being well established in comparison to other theme companies out there, means that AppThemes does offer what many do not/can not in terms of support and quality products. Another positive for Vantage is that is is highly customizable, with some great examples of what can be done with the theme in the AppThemes customer showcase. We also offer a marketplace where you can purchase add-ons specifically for our themes including additional payment gateways, child themes and more.

At the end of the day, the decision is yours to make about what's most important to you when it comes to making your choice. Thanks.

Unregistered

pre-sales query thanks

Thank you for taking time to fully respond to my queries.

Best wishes,
    ALH

Thanks
    You're welcome :)

Thread Information