Thread: Pre Sale Question

Unregistered

Pre Sale Question

In all the research I've done regarding directory themes and directory plugins Vantage looks to be the best option. Nicely done.

My question: When I purchase business listing or event listing do I have to start an account? If so, I have need to charge for a separate item -- a "membership." How might I integrate that functionality and connect to unified single account for a user.

Thanks for the guidance.

Thanks
    Thanks for your feedback :)

Users need to be registered before they can place a listing, and you can create listing plans in order for them to create listings or events, but currently there is no membership option built into the theme. This would require either customization or use of a plugin (likely with additional customization required). Vantage is not encrypted, so you are free to make modifications as you wish. AppThemes doesn't offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes. Thanks.

Unregistered

Follow up question

Thanks for your reply, pepsi. I think I get it.

Could I create a listing plan that charged registered users for an "annual membership" (I just need to take their money for it and note it internally for our records -- nothing else) and not give them a business listing or event listing?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Well the only functionality built into the theme for accepting payments, will allow them to actually create a listing so it would require customization on your part if you wanted to be able to make it work otherwise. Alternatively, you could simply manage that kind of transaction separately outside of the theme.. Thanks.

Unregistered

Follow up question

Hi again pepsi,

Would it be possible to create two separate create a listing pages with different options and two separate categories pages with different sets of categories?

Thanks!

Thanks
    You can create as many custom listing forms as you wish and apply them to specific categories, this is a default feature of Vantage. Categories are created by you, and whilst not on different pages, listings are separated into those categories. Thanks.

Unregistered

Follow-up

Got it.

Final question (I promise). So can I have different listing forms on different pages?

If so, I think you have a sale!

Thanks

Thanks
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this? The custom listing forms are linked to the category selected during the listing process, so what the customer sees depends on that aspect (i.e. they are different pages as such). Perhaps if you can describe or give a clearer idea of what you mean this may help me answer that better? Thanks.

Thread Information