Thread: Membership Question

Unregistered

Membership Question

Hello,

We are considering using your theme as a membership site for a specific group of people.
    I'm just curious of the workflow. What we want is to charge a certain amount per year for
    posting unlimited ads. Would they have to register for the site 1st and THEN sign up for
    a membership package? Or is there some way to leverage Buddypress for access to the site?

Is there a way to block the site completely from non-members?

Thank you in advance,
    William

Unregistered joe

old version Classi press

Hi I've got an older version of
    ClassiPress 3.0.1 (Personal Edition)
    can I upgrade ?

thanks
    joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,

We are considering using your theme as a membership site for a specific group of people.
    I'm just curious of the workflow. What we want is to charge a certain amount per year for
    posting unlimited ads. Would they have to register for the site 1st and THEN sign up for
    a membership package? Or is there some way to leverage Buddypress for access to the site?

Is there a way to block the site completely from non-members?

Thank you in advance,
    William
    ClassiPress has a membership option built into the theme, so you can create membership packages which allow $x.xx for an unlimited amount of ads for the duration you choose. You can see the settings for this on the ClassiPress admin demo here, and more information on setting these up here. Ad posts cannot be made unless a user registers first, so this is actually required anyway. AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins, so we cannot guarantee that all will be compatible with the theme out of the box. BuddyPress for example may require additional customization in order to work/display properly. On a related note, there is a child theme called Lapzip available in the AppThemes marketplace which adds BuddyPress functionality to the theme.

There is a plugin mentioned on our "Recommended Plugins" page called Network Privacy, which may provide what you're looking for? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered joe View Post
    Hi I've got an older version of
    ClassiPress 3.0.1 (Personal Edition)
    can I upgrade ?

thanks
    joe
    If you have purchased ClassiPress from us, you can log into your AppThemes customer dashboard to download the latest version available. If you have purchased a website with the theme already installed, then you would need to purchase the theme itself from us in order to gain access to theme updates. Pricing can be found here. Thanks.

Thread Information