Thread: Minor mods

Anísio

Minor mods

Hi all

I was looking at Vantage and it seems to be the perfect choice for a project.

As this project focuses exclusively on a small town (around 350.00 inhabitants) business directory i´d like to know:

1. is it possible to set the "Near" search field to works only with this town´s streets addresses? I mean, isntead of entering countries or cities, i´d like to enter a name of street. And yes the city was completly scanned by google :)If so, is that a theme´s native function? If no, any typ on getting this to work as needed?

2. At least in the beggining the ads will be entered by a small team at the office and so the register ( for post) function will not be necessary.Is it an easy task to hide all register functions from the frontend?

Thank you all
    Regards
    Anísio

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1. Technically yes it is possible to set a default "near" location, however there is no setting for this in the Vantage admin dashboard, so it would require customization of the default theme on your part if you wanted to do so.

2. Yes, you can simply disable registration on the site and hide "Add Business Listing" links/buttons to prevent others from posting listings. This does not require customization.

AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire. If you make contact directly with an outline of your requirements, they can provide a quote for the work. Thanks.

Anísio
    Dear Pepsi

Thank you for your input

After trying appthemes´ demos i need to say that with few css tweeks (eg. hiding price via CSS) Classipres also offers a good platform for a directory site. What a cruel doubt! :-)

Thanks
    No problem :) Prior to Vantage becoming available, we actually did have customers who used ClassiPress for directory purposes, so you're right it is suitable to use with some customization. The latest version of Vantage v1.2 has some great new features including events, so perhaps this may sway you more towards the theme again ;)

Thread Information