Thread: Multi-site - How does user registration, dashboard and posting work?

Unregistered

Multi-site - How does user registration, dashboard and posting work?

Hi there,

Suppose I have Classipress on Wordpress MU (eg. seattle.domain.com, newyork.domain.com and boston.domain.com) If a user registers under seattle.domain.com and then goes to newyork.domain.com to post another ad, where on the dashboard will the newyork.domain.com ad show up?

If the user posts multiple ads on multiple sites, what dashboard do they need to go to to see all their ads aggregated?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    I haven't used Classipress with an MU setup yet but I believe each of subdomains are treated as independent installs. And with that they will have different login/register panels including the dashboards. However, there is a hack that allows common users login.

Users have different approach in using MU with Classipress. One that I have noted of is the use of Buddy Press and Classipress as the front end. The user did not install classipress in subdomains but rather on the main blog as he just wanted to combine Classifieds with a social network setup.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information