Thread: New Topic: Offer Coupon/Affiliate Code

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

New Topic: Offer Coupon/Affiliate Code

Hello,

I am so impressed with this theme. I have spent now several hours on the forum and cruisin the demo...pretty coool!
    I have a pre-sales question.
    Is there somewhere in the "checkout" part of the process that a "coupon" code can be used? For "our" classified site...NOT when buying your theme? (well if there is one...cool)

I am interested in that and also if I were to give out a "coupon" code to potential clients and those with mailing lists, who I would like to post ads on my site, can I make that an affiliate link for the person who is giving it out?

If no, is there a plugin that you are aware of?
    Is there a way to just get a "record" of how many times the "coupon" code was used, and I could do my own math and payout accordingly?

I appreciate your time and anticipate your response.
    Thanks much.

Greg

Thanks

Re: New Topic: Offer Coupon/Affiliate Code

Hi Greg, Currently there is no built in option to include a coupon code - however it is a request that has come up before and all I would be able to say at this stage is that it is a current feature request, but whether or not it will actually be implemented is unknown (by me at least). So ultimately if you are purchasing ClassiPress specifically for that feature, no, it's not there right now.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I have to say that I am impressed and grateful for the timely response!
    I did buy the FULL developer theme package.
    I would like to take this opportunity to make the official request...if in some upcoming upgrades an option to install an offer coupon or affiliate code area on the form it would be greatly appreciated. I know I can think of some applications where it could be useful. I know you said it has come up before as a request and by looking at how many persons have read the original post, I would say that there still is a lot that are as well.
    Thank you for the resource of this forum.

Thanks

wow..Greg..reading this post was like you just peered into my head and wrote down exactly what I was thinking.

Would be an awesome addition. I have not bought yet, but will be getting a developer version within a few hours.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

scary?!?
    thanks for thinking it is a good idea.
    i hope you bought the theme!
    GREAT product. I am thrilled with how it is coming out for my site and excited about my launch!
    I do have a STRONG suggestion....

USE this forum! USE this forum! USE this forum!

pepsi and the other members are great about everything and has saved me a ton of time poking around blind and also having to pay a programmer to "set stuff up" (translation = screw stuff up).

oh yeah, also click the notify when a reply is posted below BEFORE you submit...
    catch you inside
    greg

Thanks

Thanks for the tip to set "notify" before hitting submit.

Yeah..bought this baby..and busy tooling around.

I find all my suggestions/doubts/issues are either already tabled here by others , or, a solution has been posted.

Thanks

Vic

Thanks
    I'm planning on implementing something like this as a quick hack for the moment... basically I'll create a new registration and profile field using register-plus called "Coupon Code"... and then in the step-functions.php file - in the part where it checks for the price - I'll put a check for that field, which then changes the price (eg: 50% off).

I'll let you know how I go...

Kim

Thread Information