Thread: newbie

Unregistered

Hi, I'm interested in buying Vantage. I don't understand how to build my site from scratch. Where should I buy domain name (cheapest), and then what steps do I take to make my website from the beginning? I plan to get hosting from Bluehost. Please guide me on this b/c I don't have any tech skills, just an idea for a website. Thanks! -Jay

Thanks
    Hi Jay, The first step is to sign up and get your own hosting account (this is where you will install WordPress and the Vantage theme). You can sign up with any hosting provider you choose, however you may wish to read the details of our WordPress Hosting promotion (since you mention you are planning to sign up with BlueHost) which could save you 50% off your actual theme purchase. Details are here. Basically you sign up, send us the details to be verified and await your unique coupon code which you use at checkout.

Once your hosting account is set up, you need to install WordPress, and on that you install the Vantage theme. You can find installation instructions here to give you an idea of what is involved. As a customer, you will be able to access the support forums for additional help if you run into any problems along the way.

I hope this information helps, but if you have more questions please feel free to ask. Thanks :)

Thread Information