Thread: Newbie Classipress questions

Thanks

Newbie Classipress questions

I have some html experience. I've customized a myspace page using on-line free tutorials. I don't have any experience with CSS SQL or php but I'm willing to learn. I like the Classipress theme and was wondering if I'm deluding myself into thinking I can learn how to do this. I'd like to set up a classified site on my own to have control over it. I'm patient and willing to learn. Is this going to be a huge learning curve for the beginner? Or can it be done with perseverance? I have eighteen months of money saved to do this. I would like to make everything free all content based. I would like to include blogs as well. I figure I might be able to make $50.00 a day on click throughs eighteen months from now. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I'm not looking to make my fortune on this, I'm tried of working for someone else and I really enjoy learning new things. I have a fundmental idea on how to market this site as well. This whole thing may sound very naive but what the heck I figured I would ask anyway.

Thanks
    If you already have experience, or some knowledge of how WordPress works then you'll find the initial setup and configuration a lot easier than someone who hasn't. However, having said this, I personally believe if you quite confident with exploring new platforms you will pick up on both WordPress and ClassiPress quite easily.

You do not need to be a coder in order to use either WordPress or ClassiPress, and the theme itself has all the functions built into it. Sure, if you want to make changes to the default theme, then you can look at learning new skills along the way, but essentially, you don't have to do that.

In short, a beginner who can follow instructions could capably install WordPress, install ClassiPress and run a Classifieds Ad website straight out of the box. This is exactly how I myself was introduced to ClassiPress/AppThemes :)

You may find it helpful to read some of our documentation to get a feel for what is involved with the setup. Even better, if you have never used WordPress before, you can get a feel for how that works before you start even paying for a host by setting up a free WordPress.com account and look around the admin, learn how to change the theme etc. (Just bear in mind you can't set up the ClassiPress theme on the free WordPress blog as they do not allow you to upload any theme of your own)..

Hope that information helps :)

Unregistered

Newbie Classipress questions

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    If you already have experience, or some knowledge of how WordPress works then you'll find the initial setup and configuration a lot easier than someone who hasn't. However, having said this, I personally believe if you quite confident with exploring new platforms you will pick up on both WordPress and ClassiPress quite easily.

You do not need to be a coder in order to use either WordPress or ClassiPress, and the theme itself has all the functions built into it. Sure, if you want to make changes to the default theme, then you can look at learning new skills along the way, but essentially, you don't have to do that.

In short, a beginner who can follow instructions could capably install WordPress, install ClassiPress and run a Classifieds Ad website straight out of the box. This is exactly how I myself was introduced to ClassiPress/AppThemes :)

You may find it helpful to read some of our documentation to get a feel for what is involved with the setup. Even better, if you have never used WordPress before, you can get a feel for how that works before you start even paying for a host by setting up a free WordPress.com account and look around the admin, learn how to change the theme etc. (Just bear in mind you can't set up the ClassiPress theme on the free WordPress blog as they do not allow you to upload any theme of your own)..

Hope that information helps :)
    Thank you, your reply was very helpful.

Thread Information