Thread: Paypal, Comments, Featured Ads and Affiliate program

Unregistered

Paypal, Comments, Featured Ads and Affiliate program

A client needs the following features:

1. Payment of featured ads through Paypal

2. Viewers of an ad should be able to comment on that specific ad. Other succeeding viewers should be able to see the previous comment. Exactly the same when you would comment on a Wordpress post (threaded?)

3. If a viewer clicks a category, featured ads will be listed first on the results list

Lastly, I manage a website from a different client that gets 240,000 pageviews, at least, per month. Can I put my affiliate link on that site and purchase ClassiPress (with my own credit card) for another client so I can get the commission? Basically, I would like to get the commission without violating your terms and conditions.

Thanks
    1. The default payment gateway which is available in ClassiPress is PayPal, and yes you can set the theme up to charge for featured ads.

2. Yes, you can enable comments on ad listings if you wish.

3. Featured ads are displayed only in the slider by default. If you're looking to make these the top of categories also it would require customization on your part, or is also available as a feature in some of the ready made child themes available such as this.

If you're making the purchase with your own card onto an account in your name then it will be flagged as a sale to yourself (hence you would not get commission). The recommended method would be that you refer your client to your affiliate link to make the purchase. You can find affiliate program information here. Thanks.

Unregistered
    "3. Featured ads are displayed only in the slider by default. If you're looking to make these the top of categories also it would require customization on your part, or is also available as a feature in some of the ready made child themes available such as this."

I don't need to know how right now, but if I understood this correctly, there is a way to mark an ad as a Featured Ad which in turn will be displayed in the slider, correct? This is inherent in the plain vanilla ClassiPress (without any support from any plugin or child theme).

Thanks
    Yes, you can allow customers from the front end to feature an ad listing (either free or paid), simply by allowing the setting in the ClassiPress admin dashboard. You as admin can also manually set an ad as "featured" for the slider. This can be done without add-ons as it's part of the default theme. Thanks.

Thread Information