Thread: Phone authentication

Unregistered

Phone authentication

Hi,

Has anyone implemented phone authentication similar to what is required on sites such as Craigslist? I think I will be needing something like this on my site in order to minimize spam and unauthorized classifieds. Thanks.

Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    I have yet to see one implementing it since it may require some telco infrastructure/service to facilitate the sending of validation codes.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks. I will continue to research this.

Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    It think this site offers this kind of service for phone verification using HTTP API or SOAP API. Here's the link http://www.onverify.com/ .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks much. Yes, I found similar sites. The issue is that costs can really run up either unintentionally or maliciously when using a pay per call model. However, it may be a good start. I am trying to hash out ways to verify that the user signing up really does represent the company/person that they purport to be. I am getting closer to some idea albeit it will require manual intervention for now - something I loathe but will probably have to do.

Thanks again for the assist,

Rich

Thread Information