Thread: Pre Purchase Questions

Unregistered

Pre Purchase Questions

Hi Guys,

I am looking at clasipress (I assume this is the right theme or could I use vantage?) to run a Gumtree type of copy in a niche emerging market country where I already run a large real estate website business. My questions are as follows before I buy

1) Can premium listings be easily incorporated?
    2) Do you have the ability for us to force users to sign up then easily be added to a letter
    3) We are looking to do almost exactly similar to Gumtree. Cars, real estate, jobs, personals, rentals, yachts, random home items things for sale etc. Do you have two or three examples of similar websites I can look at and (if I sign up or even now) can you please tell me who the developers were for those sites so I can use them (have little to zero technical skills? Is it easy to get a developer familiar with your products?
    4) Do you have a rough idea of all in cost including a developer before I buy, be as rough as you like from low end cost to high end if I want more features?
    5) What is the appropriate package assuming I outsource to a developer?

Regards,
    James

Thanks
    In answer to your questions:

1) ClassiPress has a featured ads slider, but if you're looking for additional options to featured ads these would need to be done via customization or you could look at some of the AppThemes marketplace products, specifically child themes which include other features e.g. Citrus night child theme which highlights featured ads and includes a ribbon.
    2) Users are required to sign up in order to post listings and you can require it for use of the contact form, however there isn't a built in function for mail management
    3) You can find examples of modified ClassiPress theme sites in the AppThemes customer showcase, however we cannot cannot confirm who the developers were for these projects. AppThemes does not offer customization services, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who are experienced at working with our themes.
    4) As mentioned above, we don't offer this, but if you make contact directly with any of our certified partners with an outline of your requirements, they can provide a quote for the work.
    5) The difference between the standard and developer license is the the developer license includes the Photoshop .psd files. It really depends on whether or not your developer wants those files, but if you did purchase standard you can always upgrade later on. Thanks.

Thread Information