Thread: Promotional Codes

Unregistered

Promotional Codes

I am interested in purchasing Job Roller but an important part of my business plan is to be able to initially offer discounts or even allow free postings to certain employers. Basically I need to be able to offer a code so that the employer can get a discount on our regular price or even offer free postings.... is this something Job Roller offers or that would be simple for a programer to add?

Thanks
    The ability to offer coupons is not currently a feature of JobRoller, but something we will be likely looking at for a future release of the theme. At this time however we would not have an indication of time frame as to when this could be.

Our themes are not encrypted, so essentially yes, it could be something that could be added by a developer. How "simple" this would be though would really be relative to their level of coding knowledge. Thanks.

Unregistered
    I'd love to see that feature, too!

Being able to offer "promo codes" for a couple of free job listings would be a great way to promote the job board and to encourage people to use it.

Any news on this?

Thanks
    The feature itself will eventually be available by way of a plugin available in the AppThemes marketplace called AppThemes Coupons. This plugin is currently only compatible with the Vantage theme at this time, however the plan is for the payments functionality to be changed within some of our older themes (such as JobRoller and ClassiPress), which will allow the use of this plugin also (as well as other plugins relating to other payment gateways). Updates to this will occur in v1.7 of JobRoller (details of the release can be seen on the theme release status page). Thanks.

Thread Information