Thread: public vs. private resumes, attached txt-files, wordpress plugins

lead

public vs. private resumes, attached txt-files, wordpress plugins

Hi,

Looking at the demo's and the lists of features and options for both JobRoller and FXtender Pro, I'm wondering about the following:

• AJAX Field Auto-Complete: where on which fields is this enabled? It seems this is not working for me in both of the main fields on top, where you search on job and location. (Have tried in several browsers, or is this only working with javascript enabled browsers)?

• It seems to me looking at the screenschots of FXtender Pro (no demo logins available?) that both the job-poster as well as the candidates are able to upload/attach their own files (cv, job description), such as PDF and DOC, are the texts inside these files indexable and searchable (within the application/site, so I don't mean Google)?

• Is there the option available that the candidate/job-seeker, who posts their cv/resume, that they can choose to keep this only viewable and searchable for registered employers/companies in a secured area? (You know, we're not all exhibitionistic types).

• There are many cool and handy plugins available for WordPress that can give you nice features/options: h**p://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ When I decide to install such a plugin will these plugins work for a JobRoller-based WordPress website? Any live examples?

Thanks, Michel.

Thanks
    - The autocomplete applies only on certain fields of the job listing form and resume (not the search). There is a screenshot example from the JobRoller theme information page here.

- There is no specific mention of the resume/cv files being indexed/searchable on the plugin information page. Please note that the FXtender plugin is not developed specifically by AppThemes, so please feel free to seek clarification of plugin related questions from the plugin developer on the marketplace product page here.

- Assuming you refer to the default JobRoller theme. Job Seekers themselves can choose whether or not their resumes/CV's are published, and then the site admin can control visibility to either Public, Members Only (i.e. registered users), Job Listers, or Recruiters.

- AppThemes does not officially support third party plugins, so we cannot guarantee that all such plugins will definitely be compatible with our themes. Some of the more popular ones that have been tested can be found on our recommended plugins page, and you can of course find compatible plugins specifically for our themes in the AppThemes Marketplace. Thanks.

Thread Information