Thread: question about hyperlinks and folders.

Unregistered

question about hyperlinks and folders.

If my site is www.mysite.com and I have an index page like craigslist with states and counties with hyperlinks to those sites... Craigslist uses the extension "auburn.mysite.com" and "bham.mysite.com" etc. instead of www.mysite.com/auburn or www.mysite/bham, etc.

My question is... Is it possible to use file extension hyperlink extensions as craigslist does with your software? and if so do I have the ability to have as may subsites as craigslist does for a national website? I am looking to use your software for specific classified ads but want to do it nationally with one site separated by state and county. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts
    Please take note the Classipress is a wordpress theme and so you need Wordpress http://wordpress.org/ for it to work. Anyway, there are workaround on the hyperlink structure that you want either by installing an instance of wordpress on subdomains or using WP multisite and depending upon your other requirements, it will may require further code customization.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information